WorldCom, Sprint Deal Scrutinized
- WorldCom-Sprint Dance: FCC Cutting In? Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p22
Offers a look at the merger plan of WorldCom Inc. with Sprint Corp. Recommendation of the United States (U.S.) Department of Justice on the merger; Questions raised the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the merger plan; Scenarios if the plan merger fail.
- Sprint/WorldCom merger in limbo. // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the planned merger between Sprint and WorldCom. Value of the proposed deal; Statement issued by European Competition Commissioner Mario Monti.
- Disconnected WorldCom deal hangs up users. Jones, Jennifer; de Bony, Elizabeth; Niccolai, James // InfoWorld;07/03/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p1
Deals with the failure of the merger between WorldCom and Sprint. Two challenges faced by the companies; Views of enterprise customers and business telecommunications buyers on the issue; Sprint's features that held WorldCom's interest.
- WORLDCOM, SPRINT: FOCUS ON REAL NEEDS. Rohde, David // Network World;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p26
Comments on the failed merger between United States-based telecommunications firms Sprint and WorldCom as of July 24, 2000. Merger failure's impact on the data network businesses of Sprint; Sprint's failure to market its Integrated On-Demand Network technology.
- Merger-mani Vetted In Congress. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the intent of the proposed merger of Sprint Corp. and MCI WorldCom Inc. to break into the residential local phone market by way of wireless technology. What may play a key role in convincing regulators to approve the merger; Comments from Sprint Chairman William Esrey; Views on the...
- Becoming a Giant. Schober, David // Telephony;10/11/99, Vol. 237 Issue 15, p8
Reports the merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Benefit of the merger; Reason for the merger; Focus of the merger.
- Doubts Grow About MCI-Sprint Merger. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;11/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p16
Focuses on the merger of MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Problems with the deal; Efforts of Tom Burnett, founder of Merger Insights, to steer investors away from Sprint stock; Predicted market share of the merger.
- Users blast WorldCom merger. Rohde, David // Network World;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the adverse effects on consumers of the merger between MCI WorldCom and Sprint. Concern over changeovers in contract terms and prices; Need to sort out fast packet and Internet Protocol networks; Reaction of Sprint employees to the deal. INSET: What is Sprint Ion's fate?.
- Reluctantly in favor of a bigger MCI WorldCom. Dix, John // Network World;10/11/99, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p54
Discusses the acquisition of Sprint by MCI WorldCom. Effect of the merger to consumers; Consolidation caused by market forces; Economic considerations on the growth of interexchange traffic.