- Financial News. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p6
Highlights the financial performance of book publishers in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Amazon.com; Banta Corp.; Adubile Inc.; Reader's Digest's Global Books and Home Entertainment; Houghton Mifflin Co.
- Industry Coping, Hoping As Economy Slows. Zeitchik, Steven; Milliot, Jim; Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2001 Fall Announcements Issue, Vol. 248 Issue 33, p153
Focuses on the economic condition of the United States book industry in 2001. Force driving the industry's economic performance; Economic concerns of publishers; Financial performance of Simon & Schuster for the first half of 2001; Sales growth on the retail side. INSET: Studies See...
- 'We're Not In Boom Times Anymore'--And Publishers Have The Profit Margins To Prove It. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p1
Reports on how trade publishers in the United States are performing in 2001. Effect of the slowdown in the economy; Factors driving down profit margins; Response of publishers by cutting staff and the number of books they release.
- Study Says Indies Add Up to a Lot. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/11/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 15, p7
Reports on the sales performance of publishers in the U.S. that generate sales that are not included in statistics compiled by the Association of American Publishers, according to the report "Under the Radar." Annual revenues generated by the publishers; Percentage of sales of publishers in the...
- Pesce Lauds Wiley Brands. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/13/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the market performance of U.S. publisher John Wiley & Sons in fiscal 2004. Percentage of sales in the professional/trade segment being represented by the consumer category; Categories that contributed to the balance of revenue in the segment; Factors behind an increase in sales with...
- Financial Briefs. // Educational Marketer;12/3/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the financial performance of some educational publishing companies in the United States as of December 3, 2001, which include School Specialty Incorporated.
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p7
Presents news briefs on the profits of several publishing companies in the U.S. as of February 2002.
- Book publishers sagging under returned stock. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the decline in the sales of book publishers in the United States for the first quarter of the year 2001. Publishing firms that have gone bankrupt; Factors behind the decline in the sales of book publishers; Decline in the sales of publishing firms for the year 2000.
- Profit Margins Up For Leading Consumer Publishers In Fiscal 2000. // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
Reports the sales profit of publicly traded consumer book publishers in the United States for the 2000 fiscal year. Improvement of the profit margins of the publishers; Factors attributing to the increase in profit margins; Comparison between the gains in operating profits and revenues.