Independent Press Walks Into New Publishing Venture With Magazine
- Lyons Press Looking for More Success in '01. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p28
Reports on the earnings of Lyons Press for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Projection on revenues in fiscal 2001; What contributed to favorable results; List of some of the book titles that it published; Information on a planned venture into electronic publishing.
- Travel Publisher Picks Up Outdoors Activities Book Publishing House. // Book Publishing Report;01/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p5
Reports the acquisition of The Lyons Press by the travel book publisher The Globe-Pequot Press in the United States. Effects of the merger on the employees of the firms; Details on the titles of the combined businesses; Background on the acquired company.
- Small Publishers On a Growing Spree. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/20/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 47, p38
Focuses on the growth of small publishers in the United States in 2000. Strategies of publisher standouts; Increase in sales at Seven Stories Press; Projected sales of Lyons Press for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2001.
- hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p14
Presents an update on the publishing industry as of October 2, 2000. Contract between Lyons Press and Richard Hatch, author of the book `101 Survival Tips: How to Make a Million Dollars, Lose 100 Pounds and Live Happily Ever After'; Information on the book `Red Sky in Mourning: The True Story...
- Abbeville Press diversifies its list. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/24/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 34, p16
Announces that the Lyons Press has signed co-publishing agreements with L.L. Bean, the Nature Conservancy, and `Field & Stream.' A series of full-color outdoor handbooks for L.L. Bean; The publishing of hardcover titles for the Nature conservancy; A series of low-priced mass market handbooks...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;10/9/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 40, p11
Several appointments in the publishing industry as of October 9, 2006 are reported. Ronnie Gramazio has been named executive editor for Globe's Lyons Press imprint. Natanya Mitchell has been hired as assistant marketing manager for philosophy and classics of New Oxford Hires. Amy Corley has been...
- United States Book Publishing. // Book Publishing Industry Profile: United States;2002, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the book publishing industry in the United States. Background on Datamonitor, a business information company specializing in industry analysis; Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies...
- Publishing in China. McGowan, Ian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Spring99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the structure of the publishing industry in the People's Republic of China. Number of publishing houses in China in 1979; Function of the publishing; Information on Chinese copyright legislation.
- The Studio Model: Should Publishing Follow Hollywood's Approach to the Creative Process? Lichtenberg, James // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall99, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
Examines whether there are ways of organizing the creative processes in book publishing that would be effective in terms of the quality of the product. Problems that the studio model faces; Factor that determines the best approach to a market; Advantages of the use of book packagers to...