New Canadian Publisher Teams Anne Murray With Timothy Tweedle
- Stoddart, Balmur Form New Company. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;5/29/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 22, p25
Announces the partnership of Balmur Entertainment and Stoddart Publishing to create Balmur Book Publishing. Terms of the agreement; Focus of its first publishing season; Background information on Balmur Entertainment.
- Debunking the demonology. Hunt, David // Quill & Quire;Jun2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on issue surrounding the bankruptcy of Stoddart Publishing and General Distribution Services. Assertion on the failure of government publishing policy; Stability of other publishing companies; Importance of an effective government publishing policy.
- Picking Up the Pieces after Stoddart-GDS Collapse. Atkinson, Nathalie // Publishers Weekly;2/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the impact of the collapse and bankruptcy of Canadian publishing house Stoddart on publishers. Problems posed by the Stoddart bankruptcy; Remarks from Alana Wilcox, Coach House Press managing editor; Effect of the bankruptcy on independent bookstores.
- Stoddart wins copyright battle. Berman, David // Quill & Quire;Nov96, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p9
Investigates the legal fight of Stoddart Publishing Co. to continue distributing books about Canadian pianist Glenn Gould. Details on the filing of legal actions over the infringement of copyright; Misappropriation in the presenting the images of Gould; Damages imposed by the estate of Glenn Gould.
- Stoddart picks up Lester's kids' list. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Apr96, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p6
Reports that Stoddart Publishing Co. has acquired Lester Publishing's prize-winning kids' list to expand its share of the children's literature market in Canada. Benefits of the Lester deal for Stoddart; Expansion of Stoddart's kids' program since 1994; Lester Publishing's future plans.
- Stoddart, Key Porter in Deal. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Mar1996, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p16
Reports that publishing company Stoddart Publishing Co. will take on sales representation for book retail company Key Porter Books and Lester's Canadian lists as of June 1996. Companies whose sales representatives would be replaced by Stoddart's salesforce; Reaction of Bonnie Harris, director...
- Highlights from Inside Report. // Quill & Quire;Mar2003, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p9
Presents brief summaries of key stories related to publishing from January 17-31, 2003 issues of the twice-weekly electronic newsletter 'Inside Report' of the journal 'Quill & Quire.' Elimination of customer service department by Random House Inc.; Change of portfolio of two senior executives...
- Unconventional publishing. Johnson, Tim // Quill & Quire;Apr2008, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p22
The article offers information on Don Bastian, former managing editor of Stoddart Publishing Co. It reports that Bastian combined the conventional and self-publishing methods, and launched an editorial consultancy that works for corporate clients and book publishers. The consultancy also...
- Digest. Toller, Carol; Lahey, Anita; Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jul98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p16
Reports developments related to publishers and publishing companies in Canada as of July 1998. Departure of corporate president Leona Trainer from Stoddart Kids company to join the Stoddart Publishing company; Announcement of the discount structure of Addison Wesley Longman Inc.; Acquisition of...