Hyperion Launching Literary-Oriented Imprint For Spring 2001
- Miramax books VP, publishing. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;2/9/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the appointment of Jon Yaged as vice president of business and legal affairs at Miramax Books in 2004. Profile on Yaged; Career highlights.
- The hype on hyperion. O'Brien, Maureen // Publishers Weekly;7/25/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 30, p11
Reports on Hyperion's book publications for fall 1994. Celebrity memoirs by Burt Reynolds and Robert Evans; `Dancing in the Street: Confessions of a Motown Diva,' by Martha Reeves; Peter Manso's biography of actor Marlon Brando.
- Hyperion Returns to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p4
Hyperion will publish two collections of inspirational advice and anecdotes from the late Fred Rogers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood children's television fame. The first book will target graduates, with content gathered from commencement speeches Rogers delivered throughout his career. The...
- 2004 Hardcover/Paperback Advice & Misc. Bestsellers by Publisher. // Book Publishing Report;9/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p8
Presents a continuation to a chart depicting the list of 2004 hardcover and paperback bestseller by publisher in the U.S. as of September 26, 2004. Hyperion company; John Wiley & Sons Inc.; Inner Ocean Publishing Inc.
- Amid Reports, A Miramax Departure. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the hiring of Miramax Books senior acquisitions editor Susan Mercandetti by Random House. Implications of the hiring of Mercandetti for both publishing houses; Agreement between Miramax founders Bob and Harvey Weinstein and Disney; Views on the departure of Mercandetti at Miramax.
- DEALS. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;7/27/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 30, p6
This section offers news briefs on book publishing deals. The U.S. rights to the book "In Office Hours," by Lucy Kellaway have been purchased by Deb Futter at Grand Central. World rights to Susan Henderson's debut novel "The Ruby Cup" were sold by Dan Conaway at Writers House to Carrie Kania and...
- PW Talks with Martha Levin. Gold, Sarah F. // Publishers Weekly;8/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p339
Interviews Martha Levin, vice-president and publisher of Hyperion. How the Hyperion implemented changes in its nonfiction list; Approach that the company used to change its image; Plans of Levin for the kinds of books that Hyperion used to publish.
- Butter Is Better. Archer, Michael // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p33
Deals with the outlook of Will Schwalbe, Hyperion editor-in-chief on the cookbook publishing market in the U.S.. Indicator of market's strength in spite of economic conditions; Examples of cookbooks authored by culinary personalities that are selling; Trends in the cookbook market.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p6
Reports developments in the U.S. publishing industry. Separation agreement between Miramax Books company and Walt Disney Co.; Acquisition of North American English and first serial and audio rights of Javier Sierra's book "The Secret Supper" by Atria; Release of Macintosh version for a digital...