At BEA, Internet Services Will Show How To Sell Rights In Cyberspace
- Asians will muster stronger than usual presence at ABA. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;5/8/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p31
Predicts that there will be an increased number of Asian publishers and booksellers who will participate in the June 1995 American Booksellers Association annual convention and trade show. Includes Yohan's search for new titles; Japan Publications Trading's display of its fall list;...
- They Come, They See, They Buy: Librarians at ABA. Rawlinson, Nora; Quinn, Judy; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p14
Details the recent American Booksellers Association Convention at the Javits Center in New York City, where 7,815 booksellers and 10,299 visitors mingled June 1-4. Reference to the fact that more librarians came armed with purchase orders this year; Libraries with special funds for spending at...
- Librarian Power at the American Booksellers Assn. Rawlinson, Nora; DeCandido, GraceAnne A.; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;7/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p14
Discusses the American Booksellers Association (ABA) Convention, a trade show which took place in Las Vegas, June 2-5, 1990. View that librarians felt more welcome at the convention than in past years; Discussion of contrasts between the ABA convention and the American Library Association's...
- E-BookExpo America: A Taste of Things to Come. Mutter, John; Brown, Jennifer M.; Eichler, Leah; Garrett, Lynn; Hilts, Paul; Howell, Kevin; Kinsella, Bridget; Kiser, Karin N.; Maryles, Daisy; Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin; Rawlinson, Nora; Roback, Diane; Rosenblum, Trudi M.; Tickle, Phyllis // Publishers Weekly;6/12/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 24, p9
Focuses on the 2000 BookExpo America show held by the American Booksellers Association in Chicago, Illinois from June 2-4, 2000. Electronic publishers at the show; African-American publishers at the conference; Religious and spiritual themes of the several events; Alliances between book...
- At This Year's BEA, The `E' Will Stand For Ebooks And E-Commerce. // Book Publishing Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p6
Features the year 2000 BookExpo America. Focus of the event on technology; Exhibit of the participants; Topics of the seminars in the educational program.
- A full fall: The contenders. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;6/22/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 25, p50
Comments on books that publishers were pushing for the fall line up at the BookExpo America 1998. The popularity of Tom Wolfe's book `A Man in Full,' published by FSG; Predicted books that will have high sales in the fall of 1998; The focus on small presses; The emphasis on current sell-in,...
- ABA board announces changes, grants, promotions. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/16/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 7, p110
Recounts decisions made at the February, 1998 meeting of the American Booksellers Association in New Orleans. Officer changes; Approval of grant; Nominating committee's slate; Endowment for ABFFE; Other decisions.
- BEA '98: Quiet, but on its way back. // Publishers Weekly;6/8/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 23, p10
Discusses the BookExpo America (BEA) that took place in Chicago from May 30-June1, 1998. Increased participation and greater attendance than past years; Quality of bookseller encounters, rather than quantity; A large amount of foreign publishers, agents, and scouts at the BEA; Huge...
- Found at the Fair. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;7/1/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p66
Discusses the BookExpo of 1997 and how it gives publishers an opportunity to talk about their books to many of the people who can hand sell them to readers.