Bond v. Floyd
- Bond v. Floyd. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Bond v. Floyd argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Closing comments by the judges.
- JULIAN BOND: A CASE STUDY IN A LEGISLATOR'S FREEDOM OF SPEECH. // Free Speech Yearbook;1974, Vol. 13, p35
The article presents a case study concerning American professional public speaker Julian Bond's disqualification as a Georgia House of Representatives member after winning in the 1965 general election. It discusses the U.S. Supreme Court's December 5, 1966 unanimous decision, which reversed the...
- Slaughterhouse Cases. // Supreme Court Cases: Re-establishing Order (1864-1930);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the Slaughterhouse Cases argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statemtents of the cases; Decisions of the Court; Closing comments by judges.
- Schools not liable unless `deliberately indifferent.' // Education Week;07/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p31
Presents excerpts from the United States Supreme Court's majority and dissenting opinions in the case of Gebser v. Lago Vista Independent School District.
- Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Comments by the judges.
- High court may consider some insurance cases. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/14/96, Vol. 100 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on a number of insurance related court cases that the United States Supreme Court may consider hearing during its upcoming term beginning October 7, 1996. Decision by the high court not to hear an appeal on the retirement CD; Interest that have circulated concerning the Employee...
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct78, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p53
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court rulings in various labor cases. Ruling that cities and municipalities may be held liable when their official policies or customs violate a person's constitutional rights; Court's striking of an Alaskan law that granted State residents preferential treatment in...
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec79, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p52
Presents decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court in labor cases. Review of a regulation that allow employees the right to refuse work under conditions that presents a real and immediate danger of death or serious injury; Examination of lower court rulings in workers' compensation; Ability of courts...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb77, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p245
Presents cases decided by the United States Supreme Court as of February 1977. Constitutionality of an Oklahoma statute that prohibited males under 21 years old from purchasing 3.2 percent beer; Status of divorced wives for social security benefits purposes; Right of non-union teachers to speak...