Bond v. Floyd
- Bond v. Floyd. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Bond v. Floyd argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Closing comments by the judges.
- JULIAN BOND: A CASE STUDY IN A LEGISLATOR'S FREEDOM OF SPEECH. // Free Speech Yearbook;1974, Vol. 13, p35
The article presents a case study concerning American professional public speaker Julian Bond's disqualification as a Georgia House of Representatives member after winning in the 1965 general election. It discusses the U.S. Supreme Court's December 5, 1966 unanimous decision, which reversed the...
- Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Comments by the judges.
- High court may consider some insurance cases. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/14/96, Vol. 100 Issue 42, p4
Focuses on a number of insurance related court cases that the United States Supreme Court may consider hearing during its upcoming term beginning October 7, 1996. Decision by the high court not to hear an appeal on the retirement CD; Interest that have circulated concerning the Employee...
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct78, Vol. 101 Issue 10, p53
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court rulings in various labor cases. Ruling that cities and municipalities may be held liable when their official policies or customs violate a person's constitutional rights; Court's striking of an Alaskan law that granted State residents preferential treatment in...
- Supreme Court Report. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Feb77, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p245
Presents cases decided by the United States Supreme Court as of February 1977. Constitutionality of an Oklahoma statute that prohibited males under 21 years old from purchasing 3.2 percent beer; Status of divorced wives for social security benefits purposes; Right of non-union teachers to speak...
- Cigs, 'Shrooms, and Speech. Hudson Jr., David L. // ABA Journal;May2001, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the demand for the United States Supreme Court to strengthen protection for commercial speech in pending cases involving the advertising of cigarettes and mushrooms. Overview of the cases presented; Details on the government's leeway to regulate commercial speech.
- Update on recent Supreme Court decisions. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct99, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p33
Provides information on the decisions of the United States Supreme Court on labor and employment law cases. Details on a case covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act; Information on the bargaining order issued by the National Labor Relations Board on the Steelworkers Union; Court rulings on...
- Supreme Court declines to hear transport cases. // Traffic World;10/23/95, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p13
Reports that the Supreme Court declined to hear several transportation cases including `Cornish Shipping Ltd. vs. International Nederlanden Bank.' `Hyundai Merchant Marine Co. Ltd. vs. Hyundai Corp. USA and Inchon Iron and Steel Co.'; `Stover vs. Norfolk and Western Railway Co.'