Ideation: Putting the goods on the plate
- CROSSWORDS. // Malakoff News (TX);8/18/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 33, p6
The article deals with the menu at Cross Roads ISD for a week beginning from August 21.
- EATING OUT IN ULAAN BAATAR. Lewis, Alex; Jamsranjav, Jargal; Isheekhuu, Dorj // Petits Propos Culinaires;Apr2003, Issue 72, p16
Deals with eating out in Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia. Description of the food services rendered at Ulaan Baatar Hotel; Information on restaurants called Portakabins; Foreign restaurants located in Ulaan Baatar.
- Cafe Americain revisited. Ruggia, James // Travel Agent;4/25/94, Vol. 270 Issue 12, Europe p28
Features American Hotel's Cafe Americain in Amsterdam, Netherlands. History of hotel's location; Dutchman named Steinigeweg as founder of the first American Hotel in 1879; Construction of the second hotel in 1899; American Hotel as German headquarters during the Nazi occupation of Amsterdam;...
- Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention. Jacobs, Craig // Lodging Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 56 Issue 14, p52
Focuses on the Sheerwater restaurant at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, California. Kitchen design; Quality of the food and service; Business objectives; Significance of teamwork among the staff; Description of Sheerwater's signature menu items.
- LUX-LIFE. Strong, Andrea // Restaurant Business;03/1/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the Luxury Box menu section at District Restaurant inside New York City's Muse Hotel. Range price; Menu offerings.
- Galvin at windows. Huddart, Gaby // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/25/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4426, p44
The article features the food service at Galvin at Windows restaurant in London, England. Less than a year after opening his own restaurant, chef Chris Galvin has been recruited by the London Hilton on Park Lane to relaunch the Windows restaurant. Galvin explains that his friend and shareholder...
- 2nd 100's hotels check in with solid food sales despite 2nd-Q blip. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;07/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p100
Reports on the rankings related to the hotel food services included in the second half of the top 200 restaurants in the United States. Domestic systemwide sales statistics; Positions maintained by hotel companies; Initiatives applied by hoteliers in perking up the food service sector.
- A Roar by the Shore. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb2004, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p16
Features the restaurants at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Specchio; Suilan; Old Homestead Steak House; Other foodservice operations at the hotel.
- Dining redefined: Operators look to revive interest in hotel restaurannts. Frumkin // Nation's Restaurant News;11/08/99, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p51
Focuses on the food service offered by fine-dining restaurants in United States hotels. Hotel dining facilities of Ritz-Carlton hotels; Retraining of chefs in Europe; Room occupancy rates; Description of the Edwardian Room at the Plaza Hotel in New York; Redevelopment of the Peacock Alley at...