Tips from the CIA
- Elegant Food, Beautiful Setting. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/3/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 49, p5D
The article reports on Blackwells, an elegantly appointed restaurant which is located on the beautiful grounds of Great Rock Golf Club in Wading River, New York. Brian Burner, who has worked at several top restaurants in Manhattan and Long IsLand, is the new Executive Chef and Restaurant...
- Encourage adventure! Williams, Vic // Hospitality (11724285);Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p48
The author reflects on the offerings of the diners in New Zealand. He argued that the food services in the country in not becoming less adventurous considering that the diners are ready to accept Asian ingredients including sweetbeans, brains, and kidneys. He also mentioned that the supply for...
- Fast Food Update. // Vegetarian Journal;2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p13
Presents updates on products offered by fast food companies in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Information on the ingredients of sesame seed bun used in the Burger King Veggie; Product preparation offered by Godfather's Pizza; Composition of vegetarian menu items in Sbarro.
- HOT POCKET. // Sarasota Magazine;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p257
The article focuses on Carrs Corner CafÃ© an unassuming white-lattice corner fixture on the North Trail that caters primarily to the Ringling Museum neighborhood. It seats about 35 inside and a few more outside. The food is simple and good, and word-of-mouth advertising among the regulars so...
- Superspices, Grains, Mini-Burgers Lead Trends. Harper, Roseanne // SN: Supermarket News;1/28/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses a study about food retail trends carried out by Chicago, Illinois-based market research firm Mintel. Researchers forecast that spices, including old-timers like ginger and cumin that are coming newly into the spotlight, are set to pepper food service in 2008. Similarly,...
- POPULAR PERUVIAN INGREDIENTS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/14/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4745, p50
The article presents the popular Peruvian ingredients including Aji panca, Causa and Maca root.
- Portability plus. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Aug2011, Vol. 110 Issue 8, pM6
The article focuses on the preparation of sandwiches in a choice of Spicy Bayou, Bacon Ranch, and Southwestern flavors at Captain D's fast-food restaurant chain in the U.S. The culinary team develops sauces that complement the panko breaded cod and breaded whole breast white meat chicken. It...
- Noma, supernova. Dimond, Guy // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Sep2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p68
Presents information on Noma restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark. Key features of the dining room; Seasonal ingredient used in the dishes at the restaurant; List of menus offered at Noma.
- EIGHT Great MISSOURI PIES. McCune, Joe // Missouri Life;Oct2012, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p70
The article presents information on the varieties of pies delicacy served in the Missouri area. It highlights the flavors and style of making the pies in the region and mentions that most of the dining establishments use different varieties of coconut cream as its common ingredient while making...