What is healthy?
- Bite Now, Weigh Later? Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;9/26/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 34, p16
This article focuses on a report on preventative health and wellness in the U.S. which offers marketers ideas to inspire consumers to take immediate healthy measures to avoid problems in the future. While 81 percent of the survey respondents said they believe they are directly responsible for...
- Getting past your gut. // Restaurant Business;Aug2007, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses how the market research helped Evos restaurant to understand what the new brand really meant to diners. Chief executive officer (CEO) Dino Lambridis explained that their concept is healthy fast food and that they want to hear feedback from people about fat and other...
- The Road Less Sweetened. Bakopoulos, Dean // Men's Health;Sep2010, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p92
A personal narrative is presented in which the author shares his experience of quitting sugar consumption in order to lose weight.
- HANDLING 'HEALTHY'. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p73
Discusses how foodservice operators in the United States encourage healthy eating habits. Reason for the difficulty in monitoring sodium content of foods; Examples of some low-calorie food items; Introduction of food items to children.
- Costs of group size: lower developmental and reproductive rates in larger groups of leaf monkeys. Carola Borries; Eileen Larney; Amy Lu; Kerry Ossi; Andreas Koenig // Behavioral Ecology;Nov2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1186
Feeding competition is suggested as a major factor constraining group size in social foragers. It has, however, been challenging to demonstrate consequences of reduced energy gain in terms of fitness, possibly because social foragers may compensate negative effects of scramble competition via...
- Relax, Renew, and Regroup. Sparrowe, Linda // Natural Solutions;Mar2009, Issue 115, p8
The author reflects on health trends in the U.S. in 2009. She predicts the year as an opportunity to be creative. She points out that to reclaim, retrench, reset and reinvent does not mean giving up healthy choices and revert to dollar at the local market. However, she notes that this may...
- Industry, advocates can promote balanced eating. Howard, Buddy // Nation's Restaurant News;2/25/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p28
The author proposes that organizations such as the National Eating Disorders Association and restaurant operators promote balanced eating. He relates how his daughter nearly died from an eating disorder. He believes that the message of balanced eating is appropriate for every man, woman and...
- EAT YOUR WAY TO A PAY RISE. // Cleo;Oct2006, p82
This section presents several health tips. Carbohydrates boost the production of serotonin, a hormone that helps you keep your cool. Magnesium also plays a role in a harmonious nervous system. Boost levels with legumes, wholegrains, meat, nuts, fish and green vegetables.
- eat-right q&a. Bauer's, Joy // Self;Feb2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p90
The article presents several questions and answers related to food and health, which include inspiration to stick to healthy habits, what to do first as regards slim-down advice, and how to cut down sweet carbohydrates.