- For Boston College dining, it's all about community. Barrier, Brooke // Nation's Restaurant News;9/12/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 37, p57
Reports on the strategies used by director Helen S. Wechsler in managing Boston College Dining Services (BCDS) in Massachusetts. Initiative to make employees feel at home and appreciated; Turnover rate of BCDS; Implementation of innovative workforce programs.
- Fighting The Dish. McGinn, Daniel // Newsweek;8/15/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the work of Boston College dining-services director Helen Wechsler, who designed myth-busting cards for freshman dispelling rumors regarding college food. Review of how the cards will be placed at dining tables; Comments on the various rumors that circulate regarding college food from...
- Boston College debuts guest chef series. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Features the Boston College's (BC) new Culinary Crossroads Guest Chef series, created by Pat Bando, director of dining services. Opportunity for students to dine on gourmet cuisine prepared by a prominent chef in an upscale setting on campus; Students' use of their declining balance meal cards;...
- DOLLARS & CENTS IN HIGHER ED: Campus fdsvc.
directors juggle finances with student demands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Presents an interview with several U.S. college and university food service directors on foodservice in higher education. Dennis Pierce at the University of Connecticut; Helen Wechsler at Boston College; Greg Hopkins at Ohio University.
- Channel surfing is big at BC. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Features the Channel Surfing theme dinners created by Catering and Concessions manager Kathie Hanwell at Boston College in Massachusetts. Aim to offer students campus dining options and to boost catering department's revenue; Coordination of channel theme, decorations and music; Cost and...
- Baking--Front and Center. Higgins, Amy // Food Management;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on the food services of the dining services department at Boston College in Boston, Massachusetts. Adoption of a market approach; Operations of the dining area bakeoff stations; Gross sales of baked goods.
- a Day in the Life...Pat Bando. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;04/09/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p42
Describes a day in the life of Pat Bando who works as director of dining services at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. Start of work; Monitoring of morning pastries at the campus bakery; Checking of electronic mail; Holding of a meeting; Planning of food service; Making rounds of...
- Discovering the Depths of Southeast Asia. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the popularity of Asian cuisine in universities and colleges in the U.S. Boston College dining director Helen Wechsler of Massachusetts states that the student advisory committee and focus groups prefer Vietnamese food. Catering manager Betse Curtis cites that Asian theme...
- Promotions With Pop. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p50
This article describes the events being hosted by several schools, hospitals and companies in the U.S. to promote their food-service operations. The Beach Party event is held at the University of Wyoming, in Laramie. For The Beach Party event, all students were given Hawaiian leis, display...