- Salads get an edge with mizuna. JENNINGS, LISA // Nation's Restaurant News;5/8/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p35
This article reports on a trend in which a Japanese edible green named mizuna is added to side dish salads in full service restaurants in the U.S. Chef Joel Harloff serves pan-seared halibut with mizuna salad, white-truffle oil, lemon juice, and matchstick potatoes. Mizuna complements Chef David...
- IN MIDWEST, FLORIDA: SCHOOLS TEST PRODUCE PILOTS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the launching of school free fruit and vegetable initiatives in different states in the U.S. in fall 2002. Features of the initiative; Aim of the program.
- The State of College Foodservice. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p12
The article presents statistics on the 2011 food service industry landscape in the U.S. including overall state of the college food service industry, percentage in terms of popularity of business options on a campus and percentage of artificial fats removed by food service operators.
- Back to school means bon appï¿½tit. Washington, Kate // Sunset;Sep2005, Vol. 215 Issue 3, p52
Focuses on the re-opening of Oak Cafï¿½, a student-run cafe of the Culinary Arts & hospitality Management program at American River College in Sacramento, California. Offers of a price fixed menu; Amenities and Customer service.
- Gulp. // New York;6/03/96, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p13
Notices that the New York `Post' and `Daily News' took completely different takes in articles about poor school-cafeteria-inspection results. Restaurant guide publisher Tim Zagat asserting that the papers should have focused on how bad the inspection process is at New York City restaurants.
- SEATS OF EARNING. Harmer, Janet // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/27/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4325, p73
Focuses on the project of the Howard of Effingham School in Surrey, England to build a school canteen that doubles as a cybercafe with public access. Goals of the project; Benefits from the cybercafe; Things being considered before opening the cybercafe to the public.
- The vegetable debate. // Food Service;Nov2007, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the findings of the Healthy Halo report on the perceptions of both chefs and consumers when it comes to serving vegetables on restaurant menus released by Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand in November 2007. The results showed that the higher-market...
- ROAST 'EM, TOSS 'EM, SHOW 'EM OFF: MIXED-UP VEGETABLES. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p78
Reports on the popularity of mixed vegetables as side dishes in the U.S. as of August 2002. Components of the Gifts From the Garden program offered by Sodexho at the University of Vermont in Burlington; Vegetable-based menu options offered at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
- FREE SECONDS IN MINNESOTA: DISTRICT SEEKS FFV BOOST. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p8
Reports on a program designed to increase consumption of fruits and vegetables in South Washington County schools in Minnesota. Plans for the program; Approaches used by the schools in promoting the program; Popular fruits and vegetables among students.