STAYING WITH TRADITION
- Generation Next. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2008, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p24
The article presents information on a research about the skills of culinary school students. The study, which was conducted by the International Culinary Schools at the Art Institutes, shows that the next generation of chefs thinks differently about their career path than their predecessors....
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Entrepreneur;Apr2011, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p12
The article notes that 48% of adults surveyed in the U.S. say they try to support environmentally-responsible businesses, and 88% say firms have a duty to assist in mitigating climate change.
- Environmental risk perception, activism and world-mindedness among samples of British and... Der-Karabetian, Aghop; Stephenson, Kathy // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Oct96, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p451
Tests a hypotheses on greater perception of environmental risk and stronger world-minded value orientation were associated with pro-environmental behavior among a sample of British college students. Assessment of emotional and cognitive aspects; Behavior in terms of present action and...
- Education Consortium to Promote Ecological Restoration Across Internation Borders. // Ecological Restoration;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p4
Highlights an ecological restoration-related study at partner institutions of students from several universities in Canada, Mexico, and the United States which starts in the Fall 2002 semester. Experience that the students will learn from the study; Goal of the study.
- Assessing the Environmental Attitude among Pupil Teachers in Relation To Responsible Environmental Behavior: A Leap towards Sustainable Development. Lahiri, Sudeshna // Journal of Social Sciences (15493652);2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p33
Problem statement: Recognizing the importance of 'Environmental Education' to be introduced in every level of school education, agencies responsible for curriculum reforms and text books preparation in India have made the subject as an integral part. It is felt necessary to investigate whether...
- How will the Next Generation Change the Business World? A Report on a Survey. Connell, J. A.; McMinn, Nathan E.; Bell, Nancy // Insights to a Changing World Journal;2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 4, p100
While some have been alarmed by the over-confident and demanding new generation entering the workplace, this concern is mitigated by reports of their being achievement and family oriented in addition to having exceptional talents. The study reported in this paper provides evidence that the next...
- GREEN ENGAGEMENT. // HR Professional;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on the survey, conducted by Leger Marketing Inc. on behalf of the RSA Insurance Group PLC, regarding the commitment of generation Y to environmental responsibility.
- Best of the Rest. R. R.; R. P. // New York;9/3/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 31/32, p154
The article offers reviews for several restaurants opening during the fall of 2007 throughout New York City, including the market-restaurant Market Table, the ecologically friendly Broadway East, and the grilling-centered Q.
- Call for Action: Life Altering Environmental Experiences. Mackenzie, Ann Haley // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p198
The article discusses the need for science teachers to connect their students to the emerging concerns about the environment in 2008. Special focus is given the importance of immersion experience as a way to ensure that students increase their long-term understanding of environmental...