School System Adds Vegetarian
- Now Available: 2013 Public School Free/Reduced-Price Eligibility List. // Learning Matters;3/12/2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that the list regarding the enrollment and the number of students eligible for free or reduced-price meals at public schools in Minnesota for 2013 has now become available.
- New Food at School. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;10/5/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the change in cafeteria menu among Texas public schools to ensure healthier food intake by the students.
- Akron (Ohio) district will offer free school lunch to all students. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/26/2012, p3
The article reports on free school lunch for all public school students in Akron, Ohio without the need for applications for the food subsidy starting Fall Class 2012.
- RESULT OF CHIEF PARTNERSHIP: Ethnic dishes join regular menus at St. Paul Schools. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the addition of ethnic dishes in regular menus at Saint Paul, Minnesota public schools. Change in rice offering; Menu choices for supervisors; Information on the so-called comfort foods.
- New Philly School IDs Hold Free/reduced Data. // Food Management;Apr2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that Philadelphia public schools has provided contactless identification cards that automatically verify free/reduced lunch status along with identity and class schedule information to all its 60 high schools. According to the author, the cards had been piloted for 18 months...
- . . . meanwhile in San Francisco. // Food Management;Apr2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the ban on junk foods in all system schools in San Francisco, California. Compliance to the healthy-school-food policies; Limit on fat and sugar content; Emphasis on federal school nutrition programs.
- District Initiates Warrants Against Deadbeat Parents. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/29/2012, p6
The article reports on the warrants in debt filed by Orange County Public Schools in Virginia against some parents that have not paid their child's school lunch bills.
- Chicago schools providing 3rd meal at 270 facilities. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p5
States that a third meal will be provided to 270 schools participating in the after school `Lighthouse Program' in the Chicago Public Schools. When and why the program was implemented; Who will provide the meals; Major focus of the program; Types of meals which will be served.
- Hands On. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;1/1/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p24
The article profiles Tim Prosinski, foodservice director and chef at Berlin Public Schools in Connecticut. Business operations director Roman Czuchta stresses the genuine interest of Prosinski in the welfare of the children. The foodservice director uses the Chef Tim Days program to build...