N.C. Hospital Subsidizes Healthy
- Employee Cafeteria: Coney Island Hosp. to Bring in Brands. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the plans of Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, New York to replace its employee cafeteria with a branded foodcourt. Menus that will be served; Employees of the hospital; Operation of the foodcourt; Food purchases for patient feeding.
- Tampa hospital installs new branded foodcourt. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the completion of Tampa General Hospital in Florida's renovation of its cafeteria. Comments of Mike Smith, senior manager of dietetic services, on the importance of the renovation project; Installation of branded foodcourt that includes Subway, Taco Bell Express and Sbarro's Italian...
- Hospitals Ban Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. Ayoub, Katie // FoodService Director;7/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p19
This article reports that several U.S. hospitals have discontinued the sale of sugar-sweetened beverages in their cafeteria and vending machines and eliminated them from their patient menus. Fairview Hospital, a part of the Berkshire Health Systems, is cited as the first healthcare facility to...
- Hospital Cafe Becomes Patient-Centered Destination Dining Spot. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;5/11/2012, p3
The article focuses on the cafeteria of Faquier Hospital in Warrenton, Virginia.
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- HOSPITALS TAKE A HIT: NO SURPRISES. Pond, James // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p38
Comments on a study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Medical School on fast food franchises in hospitals in the U.S. Background on criticisms made by the researchers against fast food services in hospitals; Information on a related study conducted by 'Foodservice Director'...
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- 20%-30% GAINS EXPECTED: Maryland hospital opens new Chick-fil-A. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on Chick-fil-A, a second nationally branded restaurant concept introduced by the Mary Washington Hospital in its cafeterias in Fredericksburg, Maryland. Gains anticipated by Scott Goldman, a retail manager; Why the hospital prefer national brands over contractor brands.