Clear Lake Says Goodbye to Peanuts
- Tips to help avoid allergen trouble. Anderson, James; Cushion, Graeme // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/23/2014, Issue 169, p17
The article offers tips for pub operators to be in compliant with the Allergy Awareness Regulations that took its affectivity on December 13, 2014 in Great Britain.
- TIP OF THE MONTH: Anaphylaxis guidelines. // Pulse;3/19/2008, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p52
The article reports on the revised guidelines issued by the Resuscitation Council in Great Britain for the treatment of anaphylactic reactions. The revised guidelines introduced minor changes in treatment protocols which include the substitution of standard doses for the administration of...
- The tale of the peanut. // FDA Consumer;Feb1985, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p24
How the peanut rose from its lowly pre-Civil War status as hog food to become one of America's favorite foods, via the efforts of George Washington Carver, P.T. Barnum, and others. The US is the world's leading producer of edible peanuts, about half of which go into peanut butter.
- Peanuts. Hennessey, Gail Skroback; Jones, Danielle // Ranger Rick;Feb95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
Discusses various aspects of the peanut. Classification as a pea; Growth habits; History of roasted peanuts; Background on the invention of peanut butter; George Washington Carver's invention of several ways to use the peanut.
- Peanuts. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;2/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p100
Discusses the origins and various uses of peanuts. Introduction to America by African slaves; Peanuts as protein-rich legumes; George Washington Carver's development of peanuts during the early 1900s; United States as major exporter; Harvesting process; Sampling for presence of aflatoxin; Major...
- Peanut flavor traced to oil quality factors. Stanley, Doris // Agricultural Research;Jan1995, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p11
Reports that research in the United States has established a significant positive relationship between several oil quality factors, shelf life and roasted peanut flavor quality for peanuts from specific origins. Prediction of peanut flavor and quality; Inactivation of enzymes responsible for...
- The humble peanut's many hats. Anderson, Kristine F. // Christian Science Monitor;10/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 236, p15
No abstract available.
- Georgia Peanut tour scheduled Sept. 27-29. // Southeast Farm Press;7/6/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p20
The article announces that the Georgia Peanut Tour Committee will host the event 25th Annual Georgia Peanut Tour from September 27 to 29, 2011.
- Nutty facts about peanuts. Taylor, Diane // Children's Digest;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 44 Issue 413, p10
Focuses on peanuts. Presence of protein, minerals and vitamins in peanuts; Part of the legume family; Growth of peanut plants; Different forms of peanut for consumption; Study of the value of peanuts by George Washington Carver; Source of the peanut plant.