- DESIGNER FABRICS. // Kiki Magazine;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p26
The article offers step-by-step instructions for fabric manipulation and textile surface designing techniques on a cotton cardigan including string sketching, rust dyeing, and sun-dyeing.
- STREETWEAR REWIND GOES CLASSIC FORWARD. Cortado, Rhea // TransWorld Business;Summer2012, p60
The article offers information on the streetwear and accessories market trend in 2013. It mentions that Spring 2013 product will look like wardrobe for a lifestyle trailer which depicts lads or ladies on the quest of adrenaline fix adventure. According to Joey Jorgensen of Analog, new...
- Materials Research on KAKISHIBIJ-KAMIKO and its uses in Dress Design. Kumiko ODA // Journal of the Japan Research Association for Textile End-Uses /;May2014, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p41
An original KAKISHIBU-KAMIKO (Outerwear made of Japanese paper to which persimmon tannin has been applied) was developed by selecting a type of persimmon tannin suitable for producing KAKISHIBU-KAMIKO as a clothing material. This development was based on the results of a study of the extraction...
- Woad back in vogue. Coghlan, Andy // New Scientist;09/18/99, Vol. 163 Issue 2204, p20
Focuses on the use of woad, a member of the cabbage family, in the production of indigo dyes. Use of woad in the ancient Anglo-Saxon culture; Environmental safety factors involved in creating dyes from woad; Reasons why it is believed fashion designers will pay more for fabric dyed with woad.
- The Ottoman Clothing Heritage: The Contribution of Turkish Designers and the Natural Dye Research & Development Laboratory (DATU). Cukul, Dilek // International Journal of the Arts in Society;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p221
Historical heritage has become an important issue for national textile production. While innovative production methods have been improved, the traditional techniques are not being forgotten. For Turkey, the Ottoman influence on Turkish textile is considered priceless because the Ottoman art of...
- Master Metallics for Bright Promotional Results. KIMBROUGH, TONIA COOK // Wearables;Mar2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p27
The article focuses on the use of metallic styles in creating a promotional garment. Stahl's CADCUTdirect.com General Manager Josh Ellsworth demonstrated how to create a metallic-style shirt. Ellsworth picked a black Bella-Alo V-neck style shirt then used a garment-dying process. He then used a...
- The Basics of Color Blocking. Kimbrough, Tonia Cook // Wearables;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p34
The article presents the fundamentals of color blocking. It notes how color blocking has become a major trend favored by fashion designers during the seasons of spring and summer. It indicates that color blocking may by incorporated into the garment and limited to the sleeves on a polo or chest...
- Malaysian Batik: Runway to the World. Newman, Michelle // Surface Design Journal;Fall2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the efforts made by Malaysia to become the batik capital of the world. According to the author, the country is making moves to market Malaysian batik to the U.S. and European markets. Malaysia promotes its batik through non-governmental organizations and...
- Blend uniformity of a filament and staple composite yarn and its effect on dyeing. // Colourage;Oct99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p34
Discusses the abstract of the article "Blend uniformity of a filament and staple composite yarn and its effect on dyeing," by C-I. Su, W.-Y. Wu and J.-Y. Lee.