Walk This Way
- Women's Influence on Athletic Footwear Market Increases. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;9/30/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
The article focuses on the trend of women buying more footwear, especially athletic footwear. It states that 11.7 percent of females buy footwear at $80 or more in 2008, 9.6 percent buy at this price in 2007 and 8.7 percent in 2006. It adds that since women started buying athletic footwear the...
- funky footwear. Davies, Isabel // Farmers Weekly;2/25/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 8, following p81
Features several boots for women. Leopard skin boots from Wellieboots; Polka dot boots from Next; Paisley boots from New Look.
- TREND: EASY PIECES. Mooney, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p126
Presents a photograph of several sneaker ballerina flats for women. Stretch suede flat from Palladium; Printed canvas flat from Rafe; Orange mesh flat from Keds; Nautical-inspired flat from YSL Rive Gauche.
- TREND: POP THE CORK. Schneider-Levy, Barbara // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p156
Features several women's sandals that use cork soles. Two-band slide with buckles from Papillo; Pucci-inspired slide from G.H.Bass; Criss-cross sandal form Naot; Twist slide from Haflinger.
- Sound Off: Retailers reveal what their customers loved and what they are looking for next season. Baran, Michelle // FN: Footwear News;7/18/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 29, p16
Reveals the trends and styles of shoes that are resonating with consumers for spring 2006. Popularity of wedge during the season; Evolution of textures and prints; Decline of heel heights.
- THE NEW RULES. Velasquez, Angela // Footwear Plus;Feb2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p50
The article discusses the new styles and trends for the 2011 footwear fall collections. The owners of Fiorentini + Baker reveal that Fall 2011 styles will consist of shorter boots in antique green, purple, and dark teal leather, while United Nude projects that the Fall collections will show...
- The Fall Forecast: Players Positive on WSA Show Floor. Abel, Katie; Baran, Michelle; Clack, Erin; Schneider-Levy, Barbara; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;2/20/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the projected growth of the footwear business in the U.S. The factors that would contribute the sales growth are mentioned. The trends in the footwear business are highlighted. The product offerings of several footwear retailers and manufacturers are cited. INSET: NSRA...
- Spring '09 Must Buys. Aquino, John; Chinsee, George; Decker, Jim; Mitra, Robert // FN: Footwear News;9/22/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 36, p25
The article presents footwear including sandals and shoes that are emerging as the biggest trends and boldest looks in the spring 2009 in the U.S. The footwear ranges from naturals to neons and flats to geisha-inspired platforms, including OmbrÃ© patent mule with cut-out wedge by Francesca...
- FALL MUST BUY. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 13, p17
Focuses on fashion trends in the footwear industry for fall 2005.