Women Spur Growth in 2007
- THE NEW CREW. Greenberg, Jules // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/23/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 37, WWD MAGIC p24
Reports on sportswear companies that participated in the WWDMAGIC in Las Vegas, Nevada. Performance of Major De*lema, a Los Angeles-based line that provides retailers with clothes based on California's leisurely image; Los Angeles-based 7 Slade's line of clothing; Marketing strategies of Bellum.
- Tennis Lob for Stella and Adidas. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/13/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 79, p11
This article reports the Adidas by Stella McCartney sport universe is expanding fast, and tennis is next on the agenda. Tennis is part of the new 2005 spring collection for the cobranded line, which has continued to sell above plan at virtually all its retail locations. Similar to the products...
- BACK TO BASICS BRIGHT COLORS AND FLANNEL-FILLED BOOTHS COMBAT A SUBDUED RETAIL ENVIRONMENT IN THE ACTION-SPORTS INDUSTRY. Harmon, Andewa; Pallay, Jesssica // DNR: Daily News Record;2/4/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p35
The article presents information on the Action Sports Retailer trade show held in San Diego, California. It is reported that most of the show's 500 vendors saw brisk retailer traffic after a slow start, and many reported a conservative buying atmosphere, with retailers attracted to classic items...
- Searching for Solid Ground. Fund, Shirliey // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 111, p12
Discusses sales strategies of sportswear vendors for 2001. Inclusion of Finity Apparel Group's opening of its own retail stores; Line of petite clothing to be launched by Anne Klein 2; Introduction of City DKNY, a better-priced launch being produced under license by Liz Claiborne; Growth of the...
- Trendcast. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 111, p12
Cites sales strategies of sport clothes companies for 2001. Inclusion of the launch of the petite and misses' basics program of Anne Klein 2; White + Warren's hope that its Web site will bring in strong, full-price sales.
- Brand With A Plan: Under Armour Sprints Into Sports Shoes. VANCE CARIAGA // Investors Business Daily;7/21/2014, pA06
After making a name for itself in the U.S. with its line of athletic apparel, Under Armour is gunning for a larger slice of the footwear and international pies.
- Fashion Gets Action at ASR. Bailey, Lee // DNR: Daily News Record;9/15/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p22
Provides information on the Action Sports Retailer show in San Diego, California in September 2003. Key pieces at the fashion show; Companies that participated in the event; Expansion of Split's board-short program.
- Is Men's Wear Back? // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/6/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p12b
The article reports that men's wear performed well in the 2010 holidays season and retailers expect a good growth in 2011. The industry experts say that as the economy is recovering from recession, men are coming back to stores and tailored clothing and high-end sportswear top their shopping...
- Traditional Sportswear Looks for an Rx. Beckett, Whitney // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 7, p8
The article considers the market for traditional women's sportswear. Apparel targeting the 30-plus woman seems to be in a dry spell, as an elusive customer and weak sales have hit the bottom line of the leading vendors. Careful edits, trend-right items, casual lifestyle collections and a solid...