Heelys Launches Non-Wheeled Shoe Collection
- Heelys' new Nano footboard merges shoe and skateboard. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;9/13/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p11
The article evaluates the sports equipment similar to skateboard called Nano Inline Footboard from Heelys Inc.
- SPORTS ONE SOURCE Market View 2007. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p15
The article outlines the top ten trends in active lifestyle in 2006 according to SportsOneSource. Better quality and premium goods saw an increase in popularity. Baby Boomers have as much impact on the active lifestyle market as do the younger generations. Heelys kid's footwear grew in the...
- NEWS MAP. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p1
This section offers news briefs on the sports apparel industry. A report on prices of European Union (EU) textile and clothing imports reveals a decline in 2009. A deal was signed by sports lifestyle brand Polo Ralph Lauren and the All England Club in Great Britain. The Hx2 shoes were launched...
- HEELYS OUTLOOK WORRIES ANALYSTS. Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;11/26/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 46, p58
The article examines whether Heely Inc.'s long-term strategy, mainly the launch of nonwheeled footwear, can be effective. The company has seen a slowdown in sales and subsequent drop in its stock price. Heelys CEO Mike Staffaron says that the firm's troubles began in the summer of 2006, a...
- MUST HAVES. // Transworld Skateboarding;Mar2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p94
The article recommends several skateboarding shoes which are priced under $65. It includes Reynolds 3 from Emerica, Bam Darknight from Adio and Reed from IPath.
- Skartifacts! // Transworld Skateboarding;Jun2006, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p76
The article presents several skateboarding products sold at Internet auction sites, including the periodical "TransWorld SKATEboarding," Volume 1, Issue 1, 1983, Sk8-HI shoes by Jim Van Doren and Ryan Sheckler autographed skateboard deck.
- On Deck. Leand, Judy // SGB;Sep2005, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p36
Features several skate performance and lifestyle footwear for the spring season in 2006. Bucky Lasek2 from Vans; Hawley women's shoe from Diesel; Kortz rubber shoes from Skechers Sport.
- SHOES. // Transworld Skateboarding;2007 Buyer's Guide, p132
The article presents a buyer's guide for skateboard shoes for January 2007 and offers information on various types and parts of a skateboard shoe. A skateboard shoe's toe cap is an additional layer of material covering the front of the shoe. Insoles are slabs of foam that slip inside the shoe,...
- Heelys to Bow Non-Wheeled Line at WSA. Duray, Dan // FN: Footwear News;7/30/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the plan of Heelys to launch its first wheelless shoe line, the Garner, at the WSA show in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Garner line will be widely released as part of Heely's spring 2008 lineup. The line will feature sizes ranging from children's through to men's 12 and women's...