Women's Sports Concepts Come on Strong
- GOOD SPORTS. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/11/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 9, p2
The article reports on the growth of athletic apparel. The athletic apparel market is scoring points with the growing number of active women. According to Jill Gravel of Eddie Bauer Women's Sportswear, women are looking for comfort properties in active apparel. When asked by Cotton Incorporated...
- How to beat the heat. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/5/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the increasing number of American working women who were casual clothes during the summer season, according to a survey by Cotton Inc. Number of days per week a woman is casual; Changes in women's officewear; Fabrics used in the clothes.
- PLAYING FIELD. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/1/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 92, p56
Color photographs of sports-themed women's clothing are presented. The clothes form part of the spring 2003 collections of various fashion designers. Models are shown walking down the runways wearing items from designers and fashion houses including Anna Sui, Lacoste, Paco Rabanne, Marc by Marc...
- Units Up, Dollars Down in 2003. Seckler, Valerie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/20/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 36, p12
Reports that women in the United States bought more sportswear in 2003 than in 2002, but the persistence of apparel deflation wiped out any potential gains in dollar volume from the sector. Percentage slump in sales in 2003; Number of pieces of apparel that women bought during the year; Reasons...
- reader threads : tips, tricks of the trade and feedback. Corrow, Marjorie; Cartier, Liz; Schillinger, Leanne; Leap, Rose; Hirschhorn, Marc; Green, Jason // Stitches Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Corporate Casual Crackdown" in the December 2011 issue.
- LIFE WITH THE JAX PACK. Jenkins, Dan // Sports Illustrated;07/10/1967, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p56
The article relates the success of Jack Hanson in the women sportswear business in the U.S. Hanson is the owner of the sportswear shop Jax, which clientele includes actresses, dancers, models and heiresses, located in Beverly Hills, California. The style of Jax's products is based on Hanson's...
- Modern Living. Apodaca, Rose // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/26/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 17, Special Section p12
Focuses on the efforts of skate and surf companies to manufacture sport clothes for women consumers in California. Increase in the demand for sporting goods for women; Source of inspiration of Volcom Girls in designing board-sports apparel; Factor that contributed to the success of the Roxy...
- Activating New Images for Fall. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/17/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 126, p10
Reports on the marketing campaigns of major athletic apparel brands aimed at women in the U.S. for fall 2004. Information on the advertisements of Reebok, Danskin, Puma and Under Armour; Budget of the companies for the advertisements; Products promoted by the companies.
- CROSSOVER APPEAL. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 5, p10
Presents information on sports clothes for women that are not geared toward a specific sport, but are designed to be worn for a range of activities. Line of women's fitness products from Body Glove; Range of products that can be worn for yoga and running from Danskin; Background on the sporting...