Sex ed fun corner: Jamie Lynn edition
- What you don't know.... // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan92, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p35
Reports on a study which concludes that many teenaged girls are ignorant about sexual matters. Findings of researchers at the University of Alberta published in `The American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.'
- Growth in Alcohol Use as a Developmental Predictor of Adolescent Girls' Sexual Risk-Taking. Hipwell, Alison; Stepp, Stephanie; Chung, Tammy; Durand, Vanessa; Keenan, Kate // Prevention Science;Jun2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p118
Adolescent sexual risk-taking is common and often occurs under the influence of alcohol. Although alcohol use emerges in early adolescence, there is little empirical research examining whether growth in alcohol use during this developmental period predicts later risky sexual behavior. Such...
- AIDS: older men infect teenage girls. // New Internationalist;Dec99, Issue 319, p6
Focuses on the findings of a report presented at the World AIDS Conference, which suggest that young African women and girls are up to six times more likely to be infected with HIV than males of the same age. Major risk factor for teenage girls; Need to target safer-sex education at young girls...
- Too shy to talk. Shelton, Sandi Kahn // Working Mother;May95, p80
Presents tips for parents on how to talk to their teenage daughters about sex, as cited in the book `All That She Can Be,' by Carol J. Eagle. Girls' response to an indirect approach; Depersonalization of a conversation; Contact information.
- The Sexual and Reproductive Behavior Of American Women, 1982-1988. Forrest, Jacqueline Darroch; Singh, Susheela // Family Planning Perspectives;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p206
Comparison of 1988 data from the National Survey of Family Growth with 1982 data reveals that the proportion of U.S. women who have had sexual intercourse rose slightly, from 86 percent to 89 percent. Among teenagers, the proportion sexually active rose from 47 percent to 53 percent; most of the...
- Adolescent Girls' Sexual Empowerment: Two Feminists Explore the Concept. Lamb, Sharon; Peterson, Zo� // Sex Roles;Jun2012, Vol. 66 Issue 11/12, p703
Although all feminists tend to value empowered female sexuality, feminists often disagree, sometimes heatedly so, about the definition of and path to empowered sexuality among adolescent girls. In this theoretical paper, two feminists, who have previously expressed differing perspectives...
- Are Dual-Method Messages Undermining STI/HIV Prevention? O'Leary, Ann // Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics & Gynecology;2011, Vol. 2011, Special section p1
Adolescent girls and young women who are at risk for unplanned pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection (STI), including HIV, are frequently counseled to use a hormonal contraceptive to protect against the former and condoms to protect against the latter, for exampe, American College of...
- Comparison of Sexual Partnership Characteristics and Associations with Inconsistent Condom Use among a Sample of Adolescents and Adult Women Diagnosed with Chlamydia trachomatis. Foulkes, Hillary B.S.; Pettigrew, Melinda M.; Livingston, Kara A.; Niccolai, Linda M. // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Mar2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p393
Background: This analysis compared characteristics of female adolescent and adult sexual partnerships and related these characteristics to inconsistent condom use. Methods: Data are from a study of 126 women with prevalent chlamydia infections who reported information about 172 sexual...
- Jamie Lynn spears. // Girls' Life;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p45
Interviews U.S. actress Jamie Lynn Spears.