- Bamford takes top role at Sofa. Barr, Rebecca // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p5
Reports on the appointment of Nick Bamford as managing director of Sofa. Career history of Bamford; Duties; Other directors voted on to the board.
- IFAs diversifying into general business to replace lost sales. // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p14
Reports on the finding of Sofa Co. that investment advisers have increasingly diversified into general insurance and protection products to make up for drop in revenues in traditional business areas. Lack of appetite among the public for investments; Reasons given by Sofa managing director...
- Sofa slams kite marks for pensions. // Money Marketing;5/8/2003, p9
Reports on insurance firm Sofa Co.'s criticism of using kite marks for pensions in Great Britain. Failure of the kite mark to restore consumer confidence; Need to have a consistent approach to the distribution of all financial services products.
- Sofa Company. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p11
Relates a furniture shopping experience at Sofa Co. Type of customer service rendered by the store employees; Choices for sofas; Observation of the shopper on the sales strategy of the store.
- THE LIA'S VIEW. Ellis, John // Money Marketing;10/7/2004, p38
Focuses on the proposed merger between LIA and Sofa to form the Personal Finance Society in Great Britain. Provision of a full range of services to financial advisers; Advantage of a chartered status; Means of restoring the professional reputation of the advice sector.
- Non-AFPCs want vote on merger. // Money Marketing;8/12/2004, p48
Reports on the inability of non-qualified Sofa members to vote on the proposed merger with the LIA in Great Britain. Qualifications to vote; Plan of the firm to change its constitution.
- Lawless replaces Scott as Sofa MD. // Money Marketing;4/25/2002, p9
Reports on the appointment of Brian Lawless as managing director of Sofa. Goals and responsibilities; Discussion on work schedule; Profile of Lawless.
- SOFA'S VIEW. Lawless, Brian // Money Marketing;2/5/2004, p32
Presents the experience of the author working as managing director of Sofa. Progress of Sofa towards a final application to the Privy Council regarding chartered status; Consultation from the Great Britain Financial Service Authority; Proposals from the Inland Revenue.
- Bamford in plea for unity after yes vote for merger. Bone, Alison // Money Marketing;10/21/2004, p1
The article focuses on the Sofa Co. chairman Nick Bamford who is calling on International Financial Advisors who opposed the merger between Sofa and the LIA to support it now it has won the goahead from members. Both organisations have voted in favour of the merger and Bamford is asking IFAs who...