TITLE

BIZARRE FRAMES

AUTHOR(S)
Zito, Paul
PUB. DATE
March 2008
SOURCE
LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p46
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article describes a procedure that optical laboratories can adopt to determine that a particular prescription lens is compatible with a particular frame, especially with the growing number of bizarre frames on the market. Instead of using expensive lenses, laboratories can use a pair of single vision poly lenses using the base curve and surfaced to the prescription lens and thickness of the desired prescription.
ACCESSION #
31436864

 

Related Articles

  • Tee Time for Women.  // 20/20;Feb2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p70 

    The article features the style-savvy, golf-specific glasses designed for women complete with a feminine color palette. Based on the study, women are leading the way with 52% participation increase in golf over seven years. These golf glasses have adjustable bridges and temples for best fit and...

  • Processing Wrap. Palmer, Rich // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23G, p38 

    The article discusses some of the ophthalmic fitting and lens power issues associated with dispensing fashion and performance wrap-around style frames suitable for prescription (Rx) lenses. The amount of compensating Rx power that is required in tangential and sagittal meridians needed to yield...

  • Dispensary design details. Suter, Donna A. // Ophthalmology Times;4/15/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p95 

    The article shares the author's insights on how to maintain a profitable optical dispensary through its designs. She emphasizes that optical designs must be convenient to patients and to show a message that they are well-cared. Some guideline to consider in redefining optical dispensary is...

  • Good PALs Come In Small Frames. Hogan, Jessica L. // Review of Optometry;05/15/2000, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p41 

    Provides guidelines for the prescription of progressive addition lenses (PAL). Importance of careful frame fitting for presbyopic patients; Need to consider the activities of patients in lens recommendations; Differences between short-corridor PAL and conventional designs. INSET: Let's Get...

  • THE OPTICIAN'S CORNER. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Apr2010, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p95 

    An introduction to a series of articles on frame adjusting published within the issue which include "Getting Adjusted," by optician Andrew Bruce and "Lenses and Technology" are presented.

  • MADE IN THE SHADE. C. R. // American Salon;June2014, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p28 

    The article focuses on retro-style spectacle frames with stainless steel hinges and offer 100 percent protection from ultraviolet rays.

  • The Contact Lens Correlation. Korfin, Beverly // Review of Optometry;9/16/2011 Women in Optometry, p4 

    The article presents best practices in converting eyeglasses-only patients to contact lens examination. The author is critical on the study "Enhancing the Approach to Selecting Eyewear (EASE)" which reveals that eighty-five percent of patients thought that wearing contact lenses was helpful...

  • LASER SCANNING FOR LENS EDGING MACHINES. COBLIS, Catalin; OLTEANU, Ciprian // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p1275 

    This paper presents a laser system for the improvement of lens edging machines, together with the importance and advantages of laser measurement. Nowadays, laser measurement has reached a very high level of accuracy and that's why there are more and more fields where it is used. The great...

  • WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT‖A Speciality Lens Lab. Walach, Michael // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 38 Issue 23G, p40 

    An interview with specialty lens laboratory (lab) president Michael Walach is presented. When asked on the difference between a wholesale and a specialty lens lab, he says that wholesale labs can produce 99 percent of lens prescriptions, while specialty labs handle the remaining 1 percent....

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics