Playing to Win with Polarized Sales
- The Practical Guide To Increase AR Lens Sales. // 20/20;Jul2008, Vol. 35 Issue 8, Special section p1
The article presents a guide for the eyeglass industry on how to increase anti-reflective (AR) lens sales. It states that the path to success is to use and endorse products that can demonstrate better performance and technology to communicate the advantages for patients. In connection, the...
- What You Need To Know Aboutâ€¦Polishing EDGES. Gagain, Russell A. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 37 Issue 2G, p38
The article focuses on polishing the edges of optical lenses. Among the factors that affect the edge appearance of a lens include the lens materials, types of bevels and equipment manufacturers. The author proposes a polished lens standard that incorporates a common G Edge Scoring System and...
- Straight Talk About Digital Surfacing or Whatever We Are Going to Call It. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p16
The author comments on the impact of digitally surfaced optical lenses on the eyeglass wearers. The author relates the claims regarding the advantages of surfaced lenses over traditional lenses. The author reveals that she did not see the alleged advantages of surfaced lenses after wearing eight...
- Changes Made to ANSI Standard for Safety Eyewear. // Occupational Hazards;Jul2003, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the 2003 standard 'Practice for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices' approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on June 20. Effectivity date of the standard; Changes to the impact-resistance requirements for non-plano lenses; Two...
- New Progressives For Today's Aggressives. Murphy, John // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p67
Highlights trends in progressive lens designs in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Requirements of Rodenstock for its Impression ILT lenses; Assurance of clear vision with no distortion with the use of the Gradal Individual lenses; Casting of Essilor's Varilux DRX lenses to prescription.
- EDITOR'S LETTER. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 36 Issue 159, p4
The article discusses reports about digital surfacing within the March 2008 issue of "LabTalk," including one on digital surfacing equipment and another on direct surfaced lenses and traditionally surfaced lenses.
- Plain Talk on Lens Coatings. Lamparelli, Karlen // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p61
Reports on the categories and purposes of ophthalmic lens coatings available in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Ultraviolet; Scratch-resistant; Anti-reflective; Multicoatings; Photochromics.
- Self-Assessment Examination. // 20/20;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
A quiz related to multifocal lenses in presented.
- Eyewear is Bespoken Here. Karp, Andrew // 20/20;Jul2008, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p68
The article reflects on the concept of the term bespoke in relation to the optical industry. The author notes that bespoke eyewear is a rising trend in the industry such as personalized progressive lenses. Meanwhile, he also mentions other examples of the trend such as software programs that...