- Plain Talk on Lens Coatings. Lamparelli, Karlen // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p61
Reports on the categories and purposes of ophthalmic lens coatings available in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Ultraviolet; Scratch-resistant; Anti-reflective; Multicoatings; Photochromics.
- New Progressives For Today's Aggressives. Murphy, John // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p67
Highlights trends in progressive lens designs in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Requirements of Rodenstock for its Impression ILT lenses; Assurance of clear vision with no distortion with the use of the Gradal Individual lenses; Casting of Essilor's Varilux DRX lenses to prescription.
- Self-Assessment Examination. // 20/20;Jan2009, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
A quiz related to multifocal lenses in presented.
- PRODUCT REVIEW. // Review of Optometry;6/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p42
Presents information on optometry equipment and supplies available in the United States as of June 15, 2001. Expansion of Shamir Insight's line of ophthalmic lenses; Features of the Airwear finished single vision lenses from Essilor; Flexibility of the Accura in-office edgers from Briot; Design...
- Clip-ons: Beyond sunglasses. de Gennaro, Arthur // Ophthalmology Times;3/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses the significance of clip-ons compared to sunglasses in the U.S. The author mentions that patients refuses to own sunglasses due to the cost associated with it. He adds that clip-ons are better alternative to sunglasses because it can be used for variety of tasks and less...
- CHOOSING LENS MATERIALS. // 20/20;Aug2008, Vol. 35 Issue 9, Special section p10
The article offers tips in choosing the lens materials for an eyewear in the U.S. In selecting the best material for a patient's lenses, several factors are to be considered including lightness, convenience and great looks. It notes that lens thinness and lightness are products of index and...
- BASE CURVES, SPHERICAL AND ASPHERIC LENSES. // 20/20;Aug2008, Vol. 35 Issue 9, Special section p11
The article offers information on the different curves of eyeglass lenses in the U.S. Best lenses are those that provide the same vision at center and in the periphery because the eye normally moves behind the lens. The different kinds of lenses in the optical laboratories are presented in...
- NEEDS BASED SOLUTIONS - LENSES. // 20/20;Aug2008, Vol. 35 Issue 9, Special section p22
The article offers issues and topics related to lenses in the U.S. Progressive lenses are those which front surface steepens towards the bottom and creates a gradual increase in plus power. When providing the clearest vision to a patient, anti-reflective (AR) lenses are critical in providing...
- Ri-Scope 2.5V otoscope, ophthalmoscope and diagnostic set. // GP: General Practitioner;4/21/2003, p86
Ri-Scope 2.5V otoscope, ophthalmoscope and diagnostic set has a Sensomatic handle: automatically switches on when picked up and switches off when put down. Otoscope head: fibre optic, 2.5x removable lens, 4 x swivel magnifying lens and Ophthalmoscope head: corrective lenses-35 to +40 diopters.