- STRAUSS STEPS UP TO HBO POST. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;8/22/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 57, p4
Highlights the appointment of Carolyn Strauss to executive vice president of original programming at HBO. Job description; Qualifications for the position.
- High 'Wire' act for preem. // Daily Variety;1/8/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 2, p32
The article discusses highlights of the Gotham premiere of the fifth and final season of Home Box Office Inc.'s "The Wire." Before the screening, guests waited for tickets in a long line outside the Chelsea West Cinema. Executive producer David Simon and HBO topper Carolyn Strauss addressed the...
- Entertainment, docu exex upped at HBO. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;2/6/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 29, p40
Reports on the promotions of executive vice presidents at Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. Promotion of Carolyn Strauss to entertainment president; Promotion of Sheila Nevins to HBO documentary and family president.
- Strauss Picks HBO Hits. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;1/17/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p68
Profiles Carolyn Strauss, entertainment president of the cable television operator Home Box Office. Career background; Television programs developed by Strauss for the network; Reason behind her loyalty to the cable network.
- Hit Woman. Gray, Kevin // Conde Nast Portfolio;Sep2009, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p134
An interview with Carolyn Strauss, former president of HBO Entertainment, is presented. When asked how she felt about leaving HBO, she responds that she was not really angry but felt a loss of her colleagues and staff. Regarding television firms' tendency to avoid risk, she points out that it...
- 21 CAROLYN STRAUSS. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;Dec2006 Women in Entertainment, p40
The article profiles Carolyn Strauss, president of the company HBO Entertainment. Under Strauss' watch, the television network HBO continues to be a preferred destination for television creators and a premier source of primetime awards contenders. The network's three new series--"John," "Tell Me...
- Around the World. Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/21/2008, Vol. 404 Issue 3, p18
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment industry. Carolyn Strauss stepped down from the post of entertainment president at Home Box Office Inc. The rate cuts by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board caused an increase in the stock prices of various entertainment companies. Actor Michael...
- HBO reprogramming. Fleming, Michael // Daily Variety;3/17/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 50, p1
The article profiles Carolyn Strauss, former entertainment president of the Home Box Office Inc. Strauss vacated her office, but she still have creative input in HBO programming. She managed the development and production of made-for-television programs including series, shortform series, and...
- FOR THE RECORD. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;8/10/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p27
The article offers updates related to multichannel communications in New York. Cox Communications Inc. was named the 2009 Operator of the Year from the "Multichannel News" magazine. Television program "Charlie Rose" will be broadcasted on Bloomberg Television in September 2009. Hallmark Movie...