Fancast's Fans Are Engaged
- A Multiplatform 'Star' Is Born. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/6/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p24
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to air the television series "Instant Star," via video-on-demand and Web portals in June 2005. Key features of the television series; Services provided by Comcast for the promotion of the television series according to Noggin/N President Tom Ascheim;...
- Career Entertainment TV Employment With Ops. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p100
Reports on the launch of Career Entertainment Television in Los Angeles, California in fourth quarter 2004. Information on its programming lineup; Target audience of the network; Deals reached with cable operators.
- Girl Meets Cowboy. Moss, Marilyn // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/12/2007 Weekend Edition, Vol. 400, p62
The article reviews the reality television show "Girl Meets Cowboy."
- Comcast. S. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the television program segments entitled Local Edition produced by the cable system of Comcast in Southern California and inserted into "CNN Headline News." Number of Local Edition segments produced by Comcast from the third quarter of 2004 to June 2005; Significance of the...
- The City of Steel Sheds Its Old Ways. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on cable television programming service of Comcast in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Changes to the systems of Comcast after its merger with AT&T; Bandwidth capacity of the company; Basic customers; Basic rate. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Net scares up auds. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the move of FEARnet in continuing to make strong invasions in its distribution and programming pipelines in New York through getting a major linear and video on demand (VOD) push on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios and Comcast Corp., and acquiring a pair of half-hour comedies.
- COMCAST ENTICES LATINO VIEWERS WITH FREE VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/23/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p8
The article reports on the launch of Xfinity Freeview Latino, a two-week promotion for subscribers to have free on-demand access to 1,000 hours of content in Spanish and English, by entertainment, information and communications products and services provider Comcast on September 16, 2013.
- FANS FEED ON SCARES. // Daily Variety;7/10/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information about the horror cabler FEARnet from Comcast Corp.
- I'm a Web Zombie. Hamilton, Anita // Time;7/31/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 5, p66
Offers the author's experience in watching the webcast of the CBS Inc. reality television program, 'Big Brother.' Popularity of the Web site; Seduction of anticipation. INSET: REPORT FROM MACWORLD EXPPO, by Lev Grossman.