HITTING VOD SLOPES
- Ski Channel to Launch on Dec. 25. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p44
The article reports on the launching of the video-on-demand (VOD) service of Ski Channel in the U.S. According to the article, the VOD service is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2008 which offers free VOD content for sports in collaboration with other satellite services. Ski Channel...
- Christmas Ski Trip. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p9
The article reports on the launching of the Ski Channel. The channel will be launched on December 25, 2008. The video-on-demand (VOD) service also has signed distribution deals with DirecTV and Verizon's FiOS that bring its subscriber base to about 15 million, according to Ski Channel founder...
- Cox Set to Offer VOD Ski Channel. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/28/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
The article reports that Cox Communication has agreed to carry the video-on-demand (VOD) channel on all of Ski Channel systems. According to Ski Channel chairman and CEO Steve Bellamy, Ski Channel expects to have about 20 million households at launch. Bob Wilson, senior VP of programming at Cox,...
- Mountains of Programming. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/30/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p2
This article reports on Ski Channel, a broadcast channel that was launched by Tennis Channel founder Steve Bellamy. Time Warner has agreed to carry the Ski Channel's video-on-demand programming. Ski Channel content also will be available on other multimedia platforms. The channel will carry...
- Ski Channel Lands on RCN. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p28
The article reports on the distribution agreement between Ski Channel and RCN Corp. for the video-on-demand service in the U.S. It notes that Ski Channel will launch on-demand offerings in the RCN network. According to Ski Channel chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Bellamy, the...
- A study of exotic Long Island reveals stubborn attachment to primitive linear TV. Strauss, Matthew // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Focuses on a study conducted by Sapient Research in Long Island, New York concerning video-on-demand services. Reasons behind the slow adoption of VOD; Suggestions on the promotion of VOD; Potential use of free-on-demand model in VOD services.
- Sri Channel Set To Launch. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p25
The article reports that the Ski Channel is set to launch after several earlier launch dates were missed. Steve Bellamy, the founder of the television channel, explains that he has completed a deal with Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications and Brighthouse Networks that will give additional...
- Eastern cities ready to Ski. SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;12/14/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 49, p6
The article reports on the deal between Ski Channel and RCN Corp. to provide a Video-on Demand (VOD) service in Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, New York City and Washington, D.C.
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.