ON THE HUNT FOR VIEWERS
- Digital Dollars Dilemma. Frutkin, A. J. // MediaWeek;6/5/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p6
This article offers update on several issues facing CBS network. Aside from winning the 2005-2006 television season, CBS also got high marks from station executives who have attended the 52nd annual CBS Affiliates meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada. One unresolved issue facing the network was the...
- On the Tube:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p2
Focuses on the coverage of the NBA playoff by the TNT network on May 18, 2006. Criticism by a TNT analyst against the team of the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Ratings:. // CableFAX Daily;5/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 96, p2
Presents information on the ranking of some television stations in the U.S. as of May 17, 2006. Factor that contributed to the rise of TNT as the top TV station in the country; Information on the highest-rated game on cable in the country.
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the ratings of television programs featured at different networks in the U.S. as of February 2006. National Basketball Association All-Star Games at TNT; Coverage of the Olympics at NBC; Advertisement-free shows at Disney.
- 'Idol' Worship. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/23/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p21
The article focuses on the ratings performance of Greensboro, North Carolina-based Fox affiliate WGHP. Fox's "American Idol" helped to boost the ratings performance of the WGHP network. The network earned the highest-rated late news among all Fox stations in May 2004. Its coverage of the...
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;8/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 168, p3
The article presents updates on television programming in the U.S. A multi-platform agreement has been established between the ESPN sports television network and the Big East Conference. The agreement will enable the network to cover conference football, basketball and other sports. The premiere...
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 179, p2
The article offers information on some television programming in the U.S. Former President Bill Clinton will appear on Comedy Central's "The Late Show with Jon Stewart" on September 18, 2006 at 11 in the evening. CSTV and CBS Sports have teamed up for a weekly series entitled "SEC Football...
- Trolling for Viewers. Hieges, Chad // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 179, p4
The article presents information on the sports programming to be launched by the Outdoor Life Network under its new Versus banner. The network will launch a series of original programs under its new name beginning September 25, 2006. "Soul of a Champion" will feature several sports celebrities,...
- National Aspirations. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;6/16/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p3
This article reports on the plan of Fox Cable Sports Networks (FSN) to expand its national program development in the U.S. in 2008. According to Bob Thompson, president of FSN, the company needed to find quality programming that would work nationally in a variety of time periods. Thompson said...