Olmos: Who Loves Ya? Me!
- Battlestar Galactica. Tucker, Ken; Wheat, Alynda // Entertainment Weekly;3/10/2006, Issue 867, p59
The article reviews the television program "Battlestar Galactica," starring James Callis and Edward James Olmos.
- Cast Call. Armstrong, Jennifer // Entertainment Weekly;4/22/2005, Issue 816, p54
Presents news briefs concerning the casting of several television actors in various television programs in the U.S. as of April 22, 2005.
- Name That Tune-Up. Tucker's, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;06/23/2000, Issue 546, p78
Scrutinizes the casting scheme of several television programs in the United States.
- Pilot Season Survival Guide. Kuhn, Sarah // Back Stage West;1/26/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 4, Special Section p1-A
The article offers instructions on how actors can survive the pilot season of the television industry in the U.S. It outlines the difficulties during the pilot season, how to have a good representation in the industry, the importance of preparedness on the industry, and the recent trends in...
- Television: WEEK 51. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/18/2001, Vol. 371 Issue 19, p57
Reports developments in the television industry in the U.S. as of December 2001. Appointment of Tony Vinciquerra to the post of president at Fox Television Network; Deal signed by 'Meet the Press' host Tim Russert with NBC News; Comeback of Edna Everage to the cast of 'Ally McBeal' in a...
- Leonard, Alexander join pilot in cast party. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;3/4/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p8
Reports developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 2002. Selection of cast members for the program 'Presidio Med'; List of pilot programs picked by UPN; Production of 'One for the Money' by Netlet; Recruitment of Lindsay for the lead role of the program 'Homeward...
- Reality Check. Meyer, Joel // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 52, p8
The article focuses on the casting of reality TV programs in the U.S. Producers of reality TV programs often cast participants who are young, aggressive and comfortable in front of the camera. They lure would-be contestants to participate in special moments of discovery.
- Goodbye, Seattle. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;5/13/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 28, pA6
Details the staging of the final episode of the television comedy "Frasier" in the U.S. Description of the audience; Availability of food and refreshments; Citation of the emotions expressed by cast and crew members.
- Disappearing Acts. Holloway, Lynette R. // Ebony;Oct2006, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p134
The article addresses the disappearance of TV programs in the U.S. that feature mostly African American casts. In past TV shows, African American television viewers were able to tune in to shows that feature mostly African American casts. Now, these programs have become a thing of the past,...