Special Event Venues
- CONFETTI. // Special Events;Nov2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p13
Presents updates on the special events industry in the U.S. as of November 1, 2004. Change in the name of General Rental; Expansion of event services at Regina Evans Inc.; Addition of four locations to the DMC partnership of USA Hosts.
- INTERNATIONAL INTRIGUE. Hopkins, Bill // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Sep2011, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p39
The article advices to probe deeper with a destination management company, talk to everyone and become a scout when planning an event in another country since music and entertainment gives attendees a flavor of culture, history and people of the destination.
- Finding historical venues. Fieldhouse, E. J. // CEI Asia;Dec2015/Jan2016, p13
The article discusses the need for destination management companies to be creative in seeking unconventional venues for their clients.
- Special Event Venues. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Mar2007 Plan Vegas, Vol. 27, p16
The article provides information on several special events venues with various interesting and unique options for planners in Las Vegas, Nevada. The USA Hosts Destination Services is expert in private parties, entertainment, and dining arrangements. The Pole Position Raceway is known for...
- Keys to Success in Booking Entertainment Internationally. Hopkins, Bill // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;8/17/2011, p1
The author discusses the keys to success in planning and booking music and entertainment for an event in another country. He advises probing deeper with convention services manager and destination management company and then telling them to consider something outside the usual option. He also...
- A Comparison of Two Methods for Gathering Marketing Information at Special Events. Gitelson, Richard; Hultsman, Wendy; Biaett, Vern // Journal of Park & Recreation Administration;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p185
Numerous special events in Arizona, including the State Fair, have come to rely on destination marketing firms to provide information about event attendees. This information is used in planning efforts for future events. The firms use a convenience sampling method, enticing attendees to...
- Wooing the global buyers. Donough-Tan, Gerardine // CEI Asia;Jun2014, p80
The article offers information on the launch of the All in Singapore MegaFam event at various venues in Singapore from March 6-10, 2014. The event is designed to promote the country as an international destination for meetings and conventions. The challenges and execution of the said programme...
- Early start becomes crucial in planning holiday festivities. Anderson, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p26
Focuses on planning strategies of several companies in New Orleans, Louisiana for holiday festivities. Vice president of operations and human resources for LaPorte Sehrt Romig Hand, Patty Paz's use of staff responses to help in planning the party's overall theme; Director of marketing,...
- FYI. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p51
Reports on development related to business enterprises in New Orleans, Louisiana as of December 27, 2004. Awards given to Shaw Environmental Infrastructure Inc. by the Construction Users Roundtable; Nomination of USA Hosts for two awards from Special Event Magazine; Opening of Bark Busters.