Meeting and Incentive Venues
- Avoid Housing Hassles. // Association Meetings;Oct2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p8
The article outlines discussions of planners and hospitality professionals at the Passkey Housing Forum at Boston on August 22 to 24, 2007. The article states that attrition is a persistent problem in the hospitality industry. According to John Foster, Esq., of Foster, Jensen, & Gulley LLC, it...
- Nickel-and-Dimed. Ferrara, Nicole Brudos // Association Meetings;Apr2005, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p22
Offers tips for meeting planners on dealing with unexpected additional service fees and charges at hotels in the event of conventions. Factor that motivates hotels to charge extra fees on customers; Challenges being faced by hotels in maintaining full disclosure with customers; Strategies to...
- Top 10 Meeting Hotels from Cvent. // Association Meetings;Jun2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p21
The article presents a list of the top 10 hotels in the U.S., based on feedback provided by meeting planners in the Cvent Supplier Network including The Peabody Orlando in Florida in first place, Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee in second place, and Hyatt...
- Greater Chicago. Koski, Jennifer // Association Meetings;Jun2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p57
Deals with the effort of Chicago, Illinois to meet the needs of meeting and convention planners. Details of the expansion of McCormick Place West Building; Information on the lead-generating program for trade show customers developed by the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau; Several hotels...
- Make a Great First Impression. Goodwin, Jennifer // Medical Meetings;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p47
Provides ideas to meeting planners in the medical field on handling and managing meetings. Challenges confronting meeting planners in managing meetings; Benefits of integrating technologies into medical meetings; Ways to reduce the high cost of high-technology meetings.
- Easine the Pain of Attrition. Mandel, Jed // Medical Meetings;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p48
Offers legal advice to medical meeting planners concerning attrition problems related to hotel room block requirements. Factors that could lead to problems in room block bookings; Ways to avoid and manage attrition problems; Need for meeting groups to include a provision in the hotel agreement...
- 10 Tips to Boost Exhibit Hall Traffic. Schwartz, Linda // Association Meetings;Apr2008, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
The article offers tips on boosting exhibit hall traffic for meeting planning companies. They include encouraging attendees to spend quality time on the show floor by trying a new traffic-booster each year. Meeting planners are also advised to provide information about new products in the...
- Florida Meeting Planner's Guide. Schmidt Jr., Ed // Religious Conference Manager;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p119
Presents a guide to planning meetings in Florida. Impact of hurricanes on several resorts in the state; Update on the construction and expansion of various hotels; Information on hotels that opened in 2004. INSETS: Special Venues;Wow Factor;The Show Must Go On.
- Spec Guides Approved for APEX. // Medical Meetings;Dec2004, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p34
Reports that the Convention Industry Council (CIC) has approved suggested accepted practices from the APEX initiative's Resumes & Work Orders Panel. Features of the Event Specifications Guides; Kinds of practices approved by the CIC.