THE MID-ATLANTIC STATES
- Puerto Rico promotes casinos. Luxner, Larry // Hotel & Motel Management;09/15/97, Vol. 212 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau to build a convention center on a spit of unused land along San Juan's Isla Grande waterfront. Purpose of the construction of convention center; How casino promotion will help fund the construction of the convention center; Features of...
- CENTRAL FLORIDA. Schmidt Jr., Ed // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p55
The article features conference facilities and visitors' centers in Central Florida. Noted developments near the Orange County Convention Center are the Hilton Orlando Convention Center and the Westin Imagine Orlando. Construction projects include the Four Seasons Hotel, condominium hotels and...
- MOODY GARDENS: EXPANDED CENTER AND HOTEL. // Association Management;May2004 Supplement, Vol. 56, p15
Features the Moody Gardens Hotel in Galveston, Texas. Service facilities offered at the hotel; Design of the visitors' center; Amenities at Moody Gardens.
- What Is Our Convention Center's Rate Of Success? Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 38, special section pB8
This article reports that the Convention and Arena Authority, Grand Rapids, Michigan, has begun to wrestle with the dilemma that how much rent should be charged to meet at a new facility that is caught in a highly competitive industry as DeVos Place enters its first full fiscal year. Although...
- NEWS VENUES. // Event;Mar2008, p25
The article presents information related to convention facilities and other venues for special events in Great Britain. Refurbished event space the Royal Hall, located within Harrogate International Center, will be open on April 27, 2008. The Harte & Garter Hotel, refurbished for Â£8 in 2007,...
- Editorial. Jacobs, Ute; Brückner, Thomas // Tagungs-Wirtschaft;Apr2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, Special section p3
Discusses the success of Estrel Berlin in Germany as one of the best conference and congress hotels worldwide. Description of its convention facilities; Motto of the hotel.
- Entirely new dimensions. // Tagungs-Wirtschaft;Sep2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p78
Offers information on several hotels and convention facilities in Graz, Austria. Stadthalle; Grazer Congress; Romantik Parkhotel Graz; Grand Hotel Wiesler.
- UNITED STATES. // Medical Meetings;May2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
Presents a list of convention bureaus, convention and conference centers and hotels that are considered suitable for medical meetings in the U.S. Calhoun County Convention and Visitors Bureau in Anniston, Alabama; Fairbanks Convention and Visitors Bureau in Alaska; JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort...
- CANADA. // Medical Meetings;May2006, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p74
Presents a list of convention bureaus, convention and conference centers and hotels that are considered suitable for medical meetings in Canada. Fairmont Banff Springs in Alberta; Vancouver Convention and Visitors Bureau; World Trade & Convention Center in Halifax, Nova Scotia; Tourism Hamilton...