Branding With a Bang
- Get a Handle on Your Meeting Costs. // Association Meetings;Aug2008, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p35
The article presents tips on managing meeting costs. Meeting planners should build a contingency of 10% into their total budget to take care of unexpected expenses and emergencies. They should scrutinize anything on the invoices that does not compute against the written quotation. They should...
- A Great Place for a Meeting. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p23
The article offers tips on how to organize effective and successful business meetings and events which include developing clear and concise objectives, selecting appropriate meeting location, and evaluating the outcome of the meeting.
- Contract out for event success. Doyan, Yves // Northern Ontario Business;Aug2006, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p32
The article presents information on the factors that must be considered when hiring an event planner. This emphasizes that employing a committee to carry out the aspects that one wishes to be achieve in a corporate event is a helpful idea. Moreover, the author suggests that financial aspect,...
- Cost-cutting TPG logistics. // Motor Transport;5/1/2003, p3
Reports on the decision of TPG to launch cost-cutting measures at its logistics business as of May 2003.
- Reflect, review, recover. Chandler, Ainslie // BRW;12/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p30
The article offers information on how to manage businesses from economic downturn. It cites that cost cutting needs to be strategic to make it effective. Professor Rita McGrath says that companies should not be afraid to look at how much their customer costs them and dismiss those customers that...
- Create Bullet-Proof Value Propositions. Yu-Lee, Reginald Tomas; Haun, Chelsea // Industrial Management;May/Jun2006, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p25
Before you tout the financial benefits of the project you plan to implement, be sure you understand the true value the company will derive. Remember, for example, that making business processes faster doesn't necessarily lead to cost reductions. once you understand explicit cost dynamics, you'll...
- MEETING + TRAVEL = SAVINGS. Kovaleski, Dave // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2003, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the consolidation of meeting and travel departments of various companies as an approach to save their total spend each year. Advantages brought by the approach; Impact of the consolidation on the way meeting planners do their job; Reservation of the planners about the merging of the...
- Employers adopting specialty tiers. Reese, Shelly // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jan2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p39
The article focuses on the report of the Pharmacy Benefits Management Institute (PBMI) about managing specialty pharmacy costs in 2011. According to the report, employers are getting more aggressive in the said management and that four-tier plans and coinsurance have increased in 2011. PBMI...
- Frugal-but-classy event planning. // Administrative Professional Today;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p5
The article offers several cost-saving strategies in event planning which include being frugal with food during long meetings, sticking to an informal theme, and opting for potted plants or dried florals as centerpieces.