'Project Canoe' Seeks a Captain
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- CABLE IS KING FOR NBC U. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/15/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 53, p18
The article reports on the statement of NBC Universal chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Zucker on their solution for lower ratings in the U.S. Zucker said that upfront advertising sales would be flat as the industry shifts to Live Plus Three commercial ratings as the basis for advertising...
- Cable Upfront Tallies $8B. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p2
The article looks at the performance of the cable television industry in the United States in July 2008. Estimates for TV sales during the upfront market typically vary. The gross rating points (GRPs) were down in 2008 and advertisers need their GRPs in any economy. It mentions that advertisers...
- UPFRONT UNDONE. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/5/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p14
The article presents a forecast on cable-network advertisement sales in the U.S. According to the author, cable network executives project a strong revenue increase despite the persistent national economic crises and soft ratings attained by broadcasting networks as well as its competitors. In...
- Looking Out for the Little Guy. // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p35
In this article the author discusses the American Cable Association (ACA) Summit in Washington, D.C. on April 18, 2011 wherein she looks forward on the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act that was received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from the U.S....
- Liao: Watch Out for Disruptive Tech. // Multichannel News;10/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p12
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) Paul Liao of CableLabs is presented. He states that personal reasons have made him decide to leave the company. He enumerates his biggest accomplishment at CableLabs including the presence of cable industry in San Francisco Bay area, the emergence...
- Thai media industry calls for pay-TV ad law. Lim, Kenny // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/7/2008, p5
The article reports on advertisers' attempts to take advantage of grey areas in Thailand's Broadcasting Act that grants cable operators a license to run up to six minutes of advertising per hour of programming, or a total of 120 minutes of advertising per day. It notes that improper ads for...