- Allen Buys Charter--Again. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 46, p12
Highlights the obligation of Paul Allen to buy his Charter Communications stocks in November 2003. Value of the stocks; Depreciation in the cash investment of Allen.
- Cuban disconnects from Charter cable. // Daily Variety;4/26/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 17, p9
Reports that Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has sold and hedged his investments in troubled cable company Charter Communications. Number of shares held; Control of Charter by Microsoft Corp.'s co-founder Paul Allen.
- Allen Sells Out for Hundreds. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/22/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the earnings of the investment engaged by Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Paul Allen, the chairman of Charter Communications Inc. claims that the company was unable to generate the desired earnings from its previous investment if the video-subscriber company. It...
- Charter Stabilizes. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/12/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the recovery of Charter Communications from losses. Factors contributing to the recovery of the company; Impact of the Internet decline on Charter; Fund allocated by investor Paul Allen to Charter; Overview of entertainment-related investments of Allen.
- Allen adds to cable wired vision. // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on Paul G. Allen's acquisition of Charter Communications cable operator.
- With charter, Allen has $7 billion in cable. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Presents information on Paul Allen's planned $4.5-billion purchase of a controlling interest in Charter Communications company. Perception that the purchase value of the company being more that $3,500 per subscriber; Reference to Allen's payment for a percent of Marcus Cable in early 1998;...
- Allen's big stretch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/08/99, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p42
Reports that Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen has invested about $4.6 billion to finance the $10.6 billion wave of cable acquisitions for his Charter Communications Inc. Estimated fortune of Allen; Value of junk bonds Charter is attempting to sell to refinance existing debt; Allen's other...
- Charter Says Chapter 11 Rumors Are False. // Cable World (10427228);10/14/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p10
Reports on the statement given by an official from Charter Communications Inc. in response to rumors that the company may file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Concerns of investors regarding the company; Speculation on the move of Charter's founder and controlling shareholder Paul Allen...
- Charter Surges on Allen Buyout Hopes. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p25
Reports the move of Microsoft Corp. co-founder Paul Allen to privatize Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Amount of the company stocks; Control percentage of Allen on the company's vote; Investment of Allen on the company stock.