Dermis Still Top Indicator for Early Detection, Prognosis of HIV Infection
- Cutaneous manifestations of HIV. // Pulse;Mar2013, p47
A photography quiz concerning the diagnoses of HIV manifestations presented in medical cases excerpted from the book "Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease," by Clay J. Cockerell and Antoanella Calame is presented.
- Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease. Morris-Jones, Rachael // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Dec2012, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p717
The article reviews the book "Cutaneous Manifestations of HIV Disease," by Clay J. Cockerell and Antoanella Calame.
- Dermatologists often first to detect HIV/AIDS. Kohl, Martin // Dermatology Times;Nov97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Considers the significant role of dermatologists in the detection and diagnosis of Acute Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). Ability of dermatologists to recognize symptomatic mucocutaneous conditions in AIDS patients; Advantages of early detection of AIDS; Drugs developed to help AIDS patients;...
- An age-and sex-structured HIV epidemiological model: Features and applications. Low-Beer, D.; Stoneburner, R.L. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1997, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p213
Presents information on the development of a model for the forecasting of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) by age, sex and among sentinel groups for which data is presented. Description of the type of approach; Benefits of the approach; Examples...
- STAYING ALIVE: MAKING THE ULTIMATE POLITICAL STATEMENT. Delaney, Martin // Advocate;2/28/89, Issue 519, p32
Emphasizes the importance of taking the HIV or AIDS test. Reasons to consider in taking the antibody test; Civil rights and psychological concerns about testing; List of the general categories of intervention; Need for a general health maintenance.
- States That Report. Helquist, Michael // Advocate;6/6/89, Issue 526, p36
Reports that only ten states in the country provide anonymous-only HIV antibody test sites in 1989. States with anonymous-to-confidential reporting laws.
- IOWA. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/14/2010, Issue 1151, p18
The article focuses on an increase in the number of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) diagnoses which is reported by the Iowa Department of Health.
- Pruritic eruptions of pregnancy can be confusing. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Mar1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on dermatologist Jeffrey K. Shornick's discussion on the usefulness of a four-category classification of the pruritic eruptions of pregnancy for pinpointing the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment options for patients with this troubling problem. Herpes gestationis; Pruritic urticarial...
- Cold sore and target-like papules. Levine, Norman // Geriatrics;Sep98, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the prevention and treatment for recurring episodes of mildly pruritic eruption over the trunk and extremities of the human body, with emphasis on cold sores and papules. Description of the symptoms of the pruritic eruption; Information on the skin conditions associated with these...