SureWest Adds Voice To Bundle
- IPTV's champion. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p39
Features Surewest Communications in Sacramento, California. Deployment of its Internet telephony; Plan to build a standards-based system; Marketing strategy.
- SUREWEST DEPLOYS ALCATEL-LUCENT IMS-BASED SOLUTION. // Tele-Service News;Jun2008, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the deployment of the Internet Protocol (IP) Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)-based Voice over Internet Protocol solution from Alcatel-Lucent and SureWest Communications, an independent communications holding company. The deployment is designed to support the SureWest Digital...
- Advance Services. // CableFAX Daily;10/25/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p1
Presents an update on the U.S. cable television and telecommunication industries, as of October 25, 2005. Telecommunication company selected by MetroCast Cablevision as its switching vendor for voice-over Internet protocol; High definition TV programming that will be offered by SureWest...
- The Evolving ICS Platform. Sulkin, Allan // Business Communications Review;Sep2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the evolution of integrated communications system (ICS) platforms. Characteristics of ICS; Support provided by the platform to Internet Protocol telephony; Forecast on the growth of the ICS products.
- 3Com announces unified communications solution for network telephony. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;9/27/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p45
Reports the launching of NBX Unified Communications by 3Com in Puerto Rico. Capabilities of the system; Usability to the business sector.
- Voice In An IP World. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Discusses innovations in the telecommunication industry using voice communications and voice applications technology. Information on a three-layered, distributed model that resulted from re-architecting voice systems to fit an Internet Protocol network; Comparison with data applications;...
- Internet telephony: Fact or facade? Levine, Shira // America's Network;12/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 24, p10
Evaluates Internet telephony technology as an alternative to Public Switch Telephone Network (PSTN) voice communication in the United States. Reliability of Internet in carrying voice traffic; Feasibility controversies of the technology; Impact on businesses; Effect on the PSTN.
- IP Centrex reduces telephony costs. Tavares, Tom // Network World;10/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p61
Focuses on IP Centrex, a hosted service that lets enterprise users save on operational and capital expenditures and reap the benefits of next-generation voice-over-Internet Protocol services. Responsibilities handled by the carrier; Features available to IP Centrex subscribers; Components that...
- IP Centrex rides managed-services wave. Breidenbach, Susan // Network World;10/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p74
Focuses on IP Centrex, a hosted Internet Protocol (IP) telephony service. Plan by several regional Bell operating companies to launch hosted IP telephony services in major metropolitan areas in North America in late 2003 and mid-2004; Characteristics that make an organization a likely candidate...