Comedy Wields 'Flaming Sword'
- BBC3 bravely lets Cowards online. // Televisual;Feb2007, p11
The article offers a look if BBC3 heralds a new way of piloting comedy television as it is about to launch its first broadband-only show "Cowards," a series of sketches from a quarter of upcoming comedians. According to the author, the series will dominate the BBC3 website throughout February,...
- ON THE AIR: AU the World's a Joke. Carson, Saul // New Republic;2/19/51, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p23
The article presents the author comments on the various humorist television programs. According to the author, three highly literate, extremely competent humorists are now on the air with their own shows. The author, I wonders, whether the networks suppose their audiences will thrive on a diet...
- No Joke: Cable Vets to Bow Comedy. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the launch of cable network Jokevision which is based on jokes in the United States. Target audience of the cable network; Features of the cable network; Persons who developed the cable network.
- TV heaven or TV hell? // New Statesman & Society;11/27/92, Vol. 5 Issue 230, p6
Editorial. Presents an imaginary scenario by Pat Butcher, Arthur Fowler and Dot Cotton at the Queen Vic. Department of National Heritage green paper, `The Future of the BBC'; Radios 1 and 2; ITV; Peter Brooke; John Birt; BSkyB; `Porridge'; Peter Jay; `Panorama'; The franchise farce.
- JON STEWART. Pincus-Roth, Zachary // Daily Variety;11/13/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 32, pA16
The article presents an update on the career of comedian, actor, writer, and producer Jon Stewart in the U.S. He is best known as the host of Comedy Central "The Daily Show" and for his political satire. Stewart's unique blend of intelligence and humor has made the show a huge success which in...
- Laff net reups 'Silverman' Frankel, Daniel // Daily Variety;3/4/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 43, p10
The article reports that the television comedy series "The Sarah Silverman Program" will return to cable television network Comedy Central for a third season. It states that the network has ordered 10 new episodes of the comedy series with Logo to co-finance the show. The program will feature...
- CHINA. Landreth, Jonathan // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/10/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 4, pS22
This article focuses on recent developments related to the television entertainment industry of China. It is reported that the 2008 Beijing Olympics has piqued China's interest and is starting to boost ratings for CCTV-5, the state broadcaster's sports channel, which, in turn, is shuffling the...
- News: clips. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/29/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 21, p5
This article presents information related to various developments in the entertainment industry as of April 2003. Si TV has put out the call for 'Anglo preppies,' the series, scheduled for the launch of the Si TV channel this year, will send 13 affluent young adults into poor neighborhoods where...
- REDE TV WILL BUILD STUDIO SITE. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;8/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the plan of Rede TV to establish a studio and theater facility as part of its inhouse production expansion in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.