NICK SETS TUNE WITH ORIGINALS
- Straight Outta BMG, Sony Gets Loud. Keil, Beth Landmann; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;07/26/99, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p9
Reports that Sony is buying the BMG shares of Steve Rifkind's urban-music label, Loud Records. Reason behind Loud's street credibility; Comments from Rifkind.
- Replay. Cowan, Robert // Gramophone;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 883, p33
Reviews several reissues of classical music recordings by the Sony Classical and BMG companies. Includes recordings by violinist Zino Francescatti; Eleanor Steber; Soprano Bidu Sayao; Violinist Eugene Ysaye; Compositions by Johann Sebastian Bach; Johannes Brahms; Franz Schubert.
- untitled. Cheng, Kipp // MediaWeek;11/06/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 43, p53
Explores the impact of Napster's decision to partner with BMG on the online music swapping free-for-all services.
- Hit maker Phonogenic mulls new joint venture tie-ups. Williams, Paul // Music Week;10/2/2010, Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the efforts of Phonogenic to make Sony BMG Music Entertainment as its partner for coming music releases in Great Britain.
- Impala takes the European route to discuss Sony-Bertelsmann issues. // Music Week;10/11/2008, Issue 41, p3
The article reports that independent music group Impala will meet in Berlin, Germany to discusses its future and respond to developments within the Sony music company. Details about Sony's purchase of a large portion of stake in Sony BMG company and the effect this has on independent music...
- Sony and BMG sign binding agreement over merger plans. // Music Week;12/20/2003, Issue 50, p3
Reports on an agreement over merger plans by Sony and BMG. Exclusion of Sony's Japanese record company from the deal; Time taken to put into effect BMG's take over of Zomba; Retention of all the markets of the current operation and creative centers by the newly merged company.
- Stringer puts faith in Lack. Morris, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/11/2005, Vol. 391 Issue 16, p4
The article reports that the entertainment company Sony Corp.'s chairman and CEO Howard Stringer issued a strong statement in support of Sony BMG Music Entertainment's CEO Andrew Lack, whose performance came under fire from unidentified executives in a Monday story in the newspaper "The New York...
- A Master Plan For Masterworks. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;5/26/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 21, p8
The article reports that Sony BMG Music Entertainment is creating a centralized A&R structure for its classical music group. According to the article artist development for Sony BMG Masterworks will be run through an International Repertoire Center (IRC), which will look to sign more acts...
- Epic partnership with Adobe. // e.learning age;Jul/Aug2007, p4
The article announces the partnership between European e-learning companies Epic and Adobe Systems Europe Ltd. in 2007. Adobe, maker of Flash technology and other e-learning tools teamed up with Epic to enhance its technology solutions and offer a complete package to clients. Both companies...