Who Owns The Top Systems
- The IMS Top 20 DRTV National Cable Rankings. // Response;Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
Presents charts depicting the top 20 direct response television, national cable rankings for May 2004 in the U.S.
- Redrawing the Map. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;3/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p17
The article discusses the listing of the top 100 cable systems by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. for 2008. The listing includes the 100 largest systems that have served about 54.5 million subscribers. It shows how the major operators break down their operations as well...
- Cox Cites Customer Growth in Quarter. // Multichannel News;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p36
Reports on an increase in customers gained by Cox Communications in the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. Exclusion of the loss incurred by the company from Hurricane Katrina from the calculations of its total subscribers; Satisfaction of Cox president Pat Esser on the increase; Rank of Cox...
- PART II: MEDIA & ADVERTISING: CHAPTER 5: CABLE & SATELLITE SERVICE OPERATORS. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2007, Issue 9, p33
Chapter 5 of "The 2007 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. It offers an overview of the cable and satellite service industries in the U.S. Cable providers are competing against telcos or cable operators that provide Voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP)...
- 100 LEADING MEDIA COMPANIES. MacDonald, Scott // Advertising Age;8/18/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 33, pS-1
The article focuses on the top 100 U.S. media companies in terms of net revenue in 2002. The "Advertising Age" magazine's 24th annual report on top 100 media companies revealed that cable television captured more than one-third of the $195.12 billion generated by the companies in 2002....
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.