Franchise, Phone Bills Percolate in Penn
- Tennessee Bill Would Broaden Broadband. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p8
The article focuses on the revised state franchising bill that was presented by legislators of Tennessee. The new bill contains a unique scheme intended to incent new providers to extend broadband services. It stipulates that a provider would get credit on a 4-to-1 basis for connecting a home to...
- All Abroad! Robinson, Thomas G. // CED;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p48
The article reports on the national franchising legislation in the U.S. The legislation continues to focus on the local involvement of wireless and other broadband system development. Cities in the U.S. venture in the deployment of wireless and other broadband system to provide the citizens with...
- Bill would restore franchisee deduction. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p7
Focuses on the Senate Bill 486 on a single-business tax deduction for franchisees in Lansing, Michigan. Concept of the bill; Skepticism on the bill; Support of the Detroit Regional Chamber on the legislation.
- The Devil Is in the Details: How Canadian and U.S. Franchise Legislation Differs. EYDT, GEORGE J.; LEVITT, (NED) // Franchise Law Journal;Spring2013, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p237
The article highlights franchise legislation in Canada and the U.S. and examines the attitude of the Canadian judiciary toward franchise legislation. Most American franchisors use the same franchise disclosure document (FDD) in every state, attaching state addenda and franchise agreement...
- N.Carolina Restricts Captives. // Ward's Dealer Business;Sep2003, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p42
Reports on the legislation imposed on the automobile industry in North Carolina. Aspects of the bill; Opportunity of the franchise dealers to do business in the same level; Implications of the restrictions on the industry.
- Video-Franchise, Net-Neutrality Debate Fueled By House Committee Rivalries. // Telecom Policy Report;5/1/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p1
Reports on a debate on video franchising and network neutrality that was fueled by U.S. House Committee rivalries in 2006. Fixation of the U.S. Energy and Commerce Committee on a national franchising legislative bill and its rejection of calls for greater network neutrality protections over...
- Rush Takes The Heat On Franchise Bill. // Telecom Policy Report;5/1/2006, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p8
Reports on an issue related to the proposed national video-franchise bill and network neutrality in the U.S. in May 2006. Support of Illinois Representative Bobby L. Rush to the Communications Opportunity, Promotion, and Enhancement Act of 2006; Maintenance of the donation to the community...
- IFA's Public Affairs Conference: Promoting Political Grassroots Success. // Franchising World;Sep2009, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p26
The article offers tips for franchisors and franchisees to maximize their meetings with lawmakers during shows such as the 2009 International Franchise Association's Public Affairs Conference in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. to ensure a positive building of local business. It stresses the...
- Tackling the Telecom Giants. Walters, Jonathan // Governing;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Comments on the plan to reform the telecommunication sector of the U.S. to make it government- friendly. Problem with the 1996 Telecommunications Act; Issues that surround franchise and right-of-way fee; Information on the Newtown Township case.