Study Rates Algebra Texts; Finds 7 Help Students; 5 Others `Inadequate'
- AAAS Says Algebra Textbooks Don't Add Up. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p9
Criticizes algebra textbooks, according to the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Association's claim that algebra textbooks lack the ability to generate interests among students; Areas where most books are the weakest.
- Review of Algebra Textbooks. // Gifted Child Today;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the evaluation of algebra textbooks to determine if they provided an adequate framework for teaching the mathematical system. Rating of books according to several criteria; Endorsement of the book `Interactive Mathematics Program' by the United States Department of Education.
- EquaÃ§Ãµes polinomiais do primeiro grau em livros didÃ¡ticos: organizaÃ§Ãµes matemÃ¡tica e didÃ¡tica. TAVARES BARBOSA, EDELWEIS JOSE; FREGNI LINS, ABIGAIL // EducaÃ§Ã£o MatemÃ¡tica Pesquisa;2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p337
We analyzed in our research the first degree equation introduction in Brazilian secondary school textbooks approved by the National Program of Text Books (PNLD). In this sense, the Anthropologic Didactical Theory (TAD), proposed by Yes Chevallard, frame worked the research. Here we discuss such...
- DISCOVERING TRIGONOMETRIC RELATIONSHIPS IMPLIED BY THE LAW OF SINES AND THE LAW OF COSINES. Skurnick, Ronald; Javadi, Mohammad // Mathematics & Computer Education;Winter2006, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p70
This article uses the Law of Sines and The Law of Cosines to help discover a host of other trigonometric relationships that exist within any triangle. One should note that these other relationships are not found in most algebra and trigonometry textbooks, but can easily be derived using...
- Heavy Books Light On Learning. Connolly, Leo P. // Mercury;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the American Association for the Advancement of Science's Project 2061, the long-term science, mathematics and technology education reform initiative in the United States. Rating by the project on middle grades science text books; Date Project 2061 will release its findings for...
- REVIEW FINDS ALGEBRA TEXTBOOKS LACKING. // Curriculum Administrator;Oct2000, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p3MS
Highlights an analysis conducted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science's Project 2061, of algebra books used in the United States. Percentage of the books assessed that were found adequate; Areas where most books are weakest; Implications of the analysis for schools and...
- Lineer Cebir Ders KitaplarÄ±nÄ±n Ã–ÄŸretici Unsurlar AÃ§Ä±sÄ±ndan Ä°ncelenmesi. KAPLAN, Tuba; Damla GEDİK, Solmaz; Cihan KONYALIOĞLU, Alper; IŞIK, Ahmet // Bartin University Journal of Faculty of Education;Winter2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p376
In this study in which the coursebooks an linear algebra are evaluated, 20 books that have been translated into Turkish or written in Turkish between the years 1977-2010 were analyzed. For this, the textbooks were evaluated with respect to some themes that take account of the instructive factors...
- Elementary Algebra. // Education;Nov1904, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p188
The article reviews the book "Elementary Algebra," by J. H. Tanner.
- Advanced Course in Algebra. // Education;Nov1904, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p190
The article reviews the book "Advanced Course in Algebra," by Webster Wells.