VarsityBooks.com To Focus More On Marketing, Less On Textbooks
- Varsity Group Struggles To Stay Afloat; Company Holds Lessons For Online College Retailing. // Educational Marketer;02/05/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p1
Explores whether the business of VarsityBooks.com, an Internet-based retailer of college textbooks under parent company Varsity Group, will survive or fail.
- Dot-Com Hopes To Write New Chapter in Book Sales. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/01/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Features Varsity Group Inc., a textbook supplier in the United States. Online services offered by the company through its VarsityBooks.com Web site; Business model; Varsity's expansion into the secondary textbook market.
- Financial Briefs ... // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p8
This article reports that revenue at outsource textbook procurement operator Varsity Group Inc. increased 49.4% to $32.1 million in the third quarter of 2004 and was up 50.8% to $35 million in the first nine months of the year, compared to the same periods of 2003.
- Varsity Rejoins NASDAQ, MediaBay Faces Delisting. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p12
Presents an update on the stocks of the two companies in the book industry in the U.S. as of October 11, 2004. Significance of the return of Varsity Group Inc. to NASDAQ; Reason MediaBay Inc. faces delisting from NASDAQ; Result of MediaBay's announcement that it reached an agreement with...
- Varsity Gets Busy. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p14
Reports on the sales of online textbook seller Varsity Group in the second quarter ended June 30, 2003. Comparison of sales for the second quarter of 2003 and during the first six months of 2002; Net loss of the company in the first six months of 2003.
- Textbook vendors to chase students online. Mand, Adrienne // Brandweek;01/04/99, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p25
Informs about the stiff competition among online textbook vendors in the United States. VarsityBooks.com's launching of its traditional and online campaign that touts buying textbook online; Debut of online venture efollett.com and traditional Fiesta Bowl campaign of Follett Corp.'s Higher...
- Sales Jump, Losses Soar at VarsityBooks. // Publishers Weekly;3/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the increase in the 1999 sales of VarsityBooks.Com, which went public on February 15, 2000. Comparison of the company's sales in 1998 and 1999; Largest expense of Varsity during the year; Vice president of business development named by the company.
- Newsmakers... // Educational Marketer;11/01/99, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p8
Reports that VarsityBooks.com appointed Jonathan Kaplan as its vice president for communications and strategic planning.
- Year's Revenue Grows, 4th Qtr. Losses Deepen For VarsityBooks.com. // Educational Marketer;03/06/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the decline in the revenues of VarsityBooks.com of Washington D.C. for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 1999.