NetLibrary To Create e-Textbooks For Higher Education Market
- THE FUTURE OF NETLIBRARY. // Online Libraries & Microcomputers;May2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Editorial. Focuses on netLibrary, a provider of electronic books (ebook). Status of the ebook market over the Web; Potential benefit of the Open ebook standard to the ebook business of netLibrary; Enhancements announced by the company in year 2001.
- BITS, BYTES AND E-BOOKS. Peterson, Eric // ColoradoBiz;Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the electronic (e)-book business of netLibrary based in Boulder, Colorado. Selling points of e-books; Some of the investors of netLibrary; Number of public library systems in the United States which have purchased e-books from netLibrary; Consumer strategy of netLibrary; Piracy issue...
- Digital library stocked with E-books. // T H E Journal;Nov99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
Reports that a library of electronic books has been created on the Internet by netLibrary. Opportunity to search, view and borrow eBooks such as reference, scholarly, mass market and professional publications; List of publishers providing content; Services of a traditional library provided by...
- NetLibrary releases free, offline e-book reader. // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p21
Reports on the launching of the eBook Reader electronic book by NetLibrary Inc. Plan of the company to target desktop readers.
- Why there is now a place on my library shelves at home for electronic books. Reed, Sandy // InfoWorld;12/20/99, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p51
Focuses on the emergence of electronic books. Reasons for the popularity of electronic books; Advantages over printed books; Electronic books available at netLibrary.com.
- University presses tread cautiously with e-books. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p23
Reports the offering of electronic books online by the U.S. bookstore companies. Details on the agreement between netLibrary and the University of Calgary; Drawbacks in the introduction of electronic book conversion fee at netLibrary;Reimbursement of micro-payment schemes to publishers.
- NetLibrary offers secure digital books to libraries. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;4/12/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 15, p12
Focuses on the electronic digital books offered by NetLibrary on its Web site. User-friendliness of the medium; Copyright security installed at the site.
- Read eBooks Offline. // T H E Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p48
Reports that NetLibrary Inc. has launched the eBook Reader software that allows users to read electronic books from its Web site. Description of the software's tools; Functions for searching, annotating and highlighting electronic books; Contact information.
- E-text Publishers Start to understand Their Markets. McKenzie, Matt // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;9/30/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the status of electronic-textbook market. Partnership of GoReader with several publishers for development of digital textbooks; Bankruptcy protection and sale of assets by NetLibrary including Metatext; Concentration on online delivery of textbooks by Rovia. INSET: University of...