Scholastic Launches Early Literacy Program For Pre-K And -K Markets
- Scholastic offers help for nonprofit literacy organizations. // Reading Today;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p31
Reports on the Early Literacy Catalog introduced by the Scholastic Literacy Partners of Scholastic Inc. Purpose of the Early Literacy Catalog; Background of the Scholastic Literacy Partners; Features of the Literacy Catalog.
- Scholastic launches Global Literacy Campaign. // Reading Today;Dec2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the launch of Global Literacy Campaign by Scholastic Inc. to highlight the importance of reading for all children in the 21st century.
- Scholastic to Exit Basal Textbook Service. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the decision of Scholastic not to revise its Literacy Place basal textbook reading program. Programs to be focused by the company; Number of editorial and support positions to be eliminated by the company; How the company will account for costs associated with phasing out the basal...
- Read 180 Helps Drive 20% Revenue Growth in Scholastic's Ed. Division. // Electronic Education Report;10/24/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the impact of Scholastic Inc.'s Read 180, a mixed-media reading intervention program, on the economic performance of the company's education division for the first quarter, ended August 31, 2003. Percentage of the increase in revenue powered by the program; Plan of the company to add...
- The National Urban League, Scholastic team up to boost early literacy. // New York Amsterdam News;12/21/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 51, p20
Reports on the National Urban League and Scholastic Inc.'s announcement of a partnership designed to help promote and encourage early literacy in the United States. Scholastic's donation of books to Urban League affiliates nationwide that run education programs; Development of a 'Parent's...
- National Urban League joins with Scholastic to promote early literacy. // New York Amsterdam News;12/14/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 50, p22
Reports that the National Urban League (NUL) has joined Scholastic Inc. in the promotion of early literacy in the United States. Brainchild of NUL president Hugh B. Price; Campaign for African-American Achievement; Organizations participating in the campaign.
- Scholastic Launches K-3 Leveled Reading Program. // Educational Marketer;9/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the K-3 reading program launched by Scholastic Education, a publisher of children's book, in New York. The publishing company has lunched the program to the highly competitive leveled reader segment which it was distinct from other programs they offer. K-3 reading program...
- POINT. Greer, JaKay // Teacher Librarian;Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p32
Features the computerized reading programs, Accelerated Reader (AR) from Renaissance Learning and Reading Counts! from Scholastic Inc., in the U.S. Mechanism of the programs; Impact of AR on the library; Benefits from the reading programs.
- Financial Literacy Program Available to Use in Partnership with Local Schools. // ABA Bank Marketing;May2005, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p48
Features the Money in Motion financial literacy program produced by the American Bankers' Association Education Foundation and publisher Scholastic. Goal of the program concerning students; Distribution of the print version of the program.