Iger Has Cool Stuff in His Igloo
- Iger: Show me a Model. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p2
The article discusses the assessment of Robert Iger, CEO of Walt Disney Co. on the web subscription model proposal in the cable industry in the U.S. He says that the industry must find an online model that works sufficiently for programmers and distributors. He praised the industry, but warned...
- The Iger sanction: Fix the pix, pronto. // Daily Variety;4/23/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the contributions of Robert Iger, chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co., to the entertainment industry such as the outsourcing of film ventures and the deals with DreamWorks, Pixar and Marvel.
- Executive Pay: How Hollywood Measures Up. Gardner, Eriq; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;4/20/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the increase in the pay packages of chief executive officers (CEOs) in the entertainment industry in the U.S. It is mentioned that the beneficiary of a 31.4 million dollars pay package at Walt Disney Co. is CEO Robert Iger. It is noted that Discovery Communications CEO...
- Iger and Ross: The Fallout. Masters, Kim // Hollywood Reporter;5/4/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the announcement of Walt Disney Co.'s chief executive officer Robert Iger's retirement plan in March 2012. It mentions that forcing company's chairman Rich Ross out would be a blunt admission of failure and would require Iger to find a more promising replacement. It...
- Disney to Add Streaming Classics Online. Weprin, Alex // Broadcasting & Cable;3/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p35
The article reports on the plan of Walt Disney to stream its classic films in the Internet. Bob Iger, chief executive officer of Disney, states that the plan is due to the high demand on access to a wide range of archived products. It is indicated that the company has not yet decided whether to...
- Happiest Q2 at Disney: film boosts profile 30%. Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/17/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 10, p83
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. has reported a 30% increase in its fiscal second quarter profit Wednesday, driven by a 65% jump in operating earnings at its film unit thanks to DVD hits like "The Incredibles" and the theatrical success of "The Pacifier." The strong results continued...
- Eisner makes clean break. Goldsmith, Jill; Cohen, David // Daily Variety;10/7/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p1
Reports personnel changes within Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Resignation of Michael Eisner as CEO; Selection of Robert Iger as successor of Eisner; Comparison of the compensation received previously by Eisner with the one offered to Iger.
- Iger sold his soul. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;3/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p43
Comments on the appointment of Bob Iger as chief executive officer of Walt Disney to replace Michael Eisner. Overview of the resignation of Eisner from the company; Criticisms on the professional background and leadership capabilities of Iger; Controversy involving the replacement of Eisner.
- Stuck in Eisner's Shadow. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the issue regarding the successor of Michael Eisner, chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Co. Meeting to be conducted by the company to discuss possible replacements for Eisner; Reason executives of Walt Disney do not consider President and CFO Robert Iger as a successor for Eisner.