Weather May Fit With CBS
- NBC to Buy The Weather Channel. Renfrow, Jacqueline // Response;Aug2008, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the plan of NBC Universal and its two private equity including Blackstone Group LP and Brain Capital to acquire the Weather Channel Cos. from Landmark Communications in the U.S. The partners offered $3.5 billion for the sale, while the pending merger is expected to take...
- Eye not eyeing Europe. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;9/14/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 51, p24
The article reports that CBS Corp. chief executive officer Leslie Moonves decided not to buy either U.K. web ITV or Euro producer Endemol despite the availability of financing from investment banks. He decided against the move because CBS does not have inside information on the television market...
- EYE KEEN ON GREEN EFFORT. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;5/14/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 30, p2
The article focuses on the acquisition of Ecomedia, an organization that funds environmental public projects with corporate ad dollars, by CBS Corp.
- CBS Keeping Retrans Haul. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p34
The article informs that Les Moonves, chief executive officer (CEO) of CBS Corp., has decided not to make any acquisition.
- VOICES. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/24/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p34
The article offers the insights of industry consultant Shahid Khan regarding the possible acquisition of CBS Corp. by telecommunication companies such as AT&T and Verizon following the approval of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Department of Justice on Comcast-NBC Universal deal.
- "Populist" Moonves Disses Showtime. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/29/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p12
Deals with the thoughts of Leslie Mooves, chief of CBS Corp., on the premium cable channel his company acquired and its divorce from Viacom as of May 2006. Comment on the network's original programming; Allegation regarding Showtime's interest on critics rather than audiences; Television...
- Internet law library diversifies sources of revenue. // Online Product News;Feb2000, p3
Reports the acquisition of GoverNet Affairs by Internet Law Library in Houston, Texas. Acquisition as part of the revenue diversification strategies of Internet Law Library; Addition of clients and legal research services; Provision of the first comprehensive Legislative Information Management...
- In need of a facelift. De Klerk, Vic // Finance Week;5/3/2002, p27
Focuses on the business plans of Rentmeester in South Africa. Advantages of consolidating the shares of the company; Purchase of the indirect interest of Rentmeester by Saambou; Merger with Assupol to increase profit.
- Bad Year? Pick Only the Best. Springsteel, Ian // Treasury & Risk Management;Nov2002, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p49
Focuses on corporate merger and acquisition deals in the U.S. as of November 2002. Decline in value of merger and acquisition deals; Comparison with merger deals in the years 2000 and 2001; Increase in value of deals using cash; Decline in stock-based deals; Outlook for the leveraged buyout market.