- Killing the golden goose. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;03/15/99-03/22/99, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p4
Editorial. Comments on the problem of too much advertising on televisions and the Internet. Impact of advertising messages on news programs; Reference to plans for a commercial-free channels by author as a pioneer in cable television.
- CNN international: Transporting commercials is news. Grant, Jim // World Broadcast Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the use of the Internet in transporting commercials seen on CNN International to broadcast central in Atlanta, Georgia. Assessment of the viability of Telestream ClipMail Pros over different speeds of Internet access; Deployment of ClipMail Pro units around the world; Problems...
- Readers Comments. // Back Stage (1946-5440);8/5/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 31, p48
The article presents the readers' response to two articles posted online in the website of the journalÂ includingÂ Schuyler Velasco's July 26, 2010 article on the impact of online advertising on artistsÂ andÂ Daniel Holloway's July 29, 2010 article on the diversity onÂ television.
- Commercial Ratings Come Under Fire. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;9/3/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p8
The article deals with the concerns raised about whether the Nielsen Company's new commercial ratings were ready to be used as the basis for buying and selling television advertising. After a big push by the broadcast networks and some media buyers, most of the deals done in the 2007 upfront...
- AIMing for New Metrics. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/7/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that cable television channel AMC is guaranteeing a portion of its upfront advertising sales deals based on two new metrics that measure viewer receptiveness to ads. The metrics were developed in conjunction with The Nielsen Co. and assess the correlations between genre and...
- Network Scatter An Expensive Buy. Bergantini-Grillo, Jean // Broadcasting & Cable;9/1/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the amount of money to be spent for the 2003 fourth-quarter television network advertising. Remarks from Ray Warren, OMD managing director; Decline in advertising-spending for network television, according to Monitor Plus.
- Taking Stock of the Hispanic Market. Metzger, Gale D. // Television Week;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p25
Focuses on the plan of Nielsen to change its approach in rating Spanish television programs. Implications of the plan for advertisers; Processes involved in marketing television programs; Role of Nielsen in the television industry.
- Nielsen on notice: Industry demands a meatier metric. Hampp, Andrew; Klaassen, Abbey; Neff, Jack; Bush, Michael // Advertising Age;9/14/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that major advertisers and television broadcasters including Procter & Gamble, Walt Disney Co., and NBC Universal, have formed a partnership to develop a new system of television program ratings which would more accurately measure audiences for such platforms as programs seen...
- Web Presence Pays Off. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p13
Reports on the potential of Internet advertising as revenue source of local television stations in the U.S. Expected increase in Internet advertising revenue in 2004; Challenges faced by local stations in selling Internet advertising; Factors that drive the growth of Internet advertising.